Boring Work Projects

Started by johnconaway, Sep 20, 2005, 07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

anyone tortured by a recent spate of really boring work projects?  i'm currently working on tax software.  yum, nothing like the well oiled machinery of government!

i can feel my soul being sucked out of me... :P
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Alligator Gar

Quoteanyone tortured by a recent spate of really boring work projects?  i'm currently working on tax software.  yum, nothing like the well oiled machinery of government!

i can feel my soul being sucked out of me... :P

You should quit.

corey

I just got done editing and authoring DVDs of little girl beauty pageants....5 states worth. These little girls ranged anywhere from 4-19 years old. It was quite possibly the worst month of my entire life.
They each had talent competitions and things like that. Not one of them could sing, which most of them tried to do. Torturous, I say!

You should quit.

No way chief.  the benefits are too good.  nice trade...soul for health insurance.  mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

EC

Let's see...  Preparing the accounting for the audit, which means finding the proper code for each piece of paper (there's a lot of paper, plus we're doing two companies).  This is all by hand.  Ummm, doing research into philanthropic foundations.  Compiling old text to create a package that explains what our companies are like.  Taking a lot of fucking shit.  Ummm...  

Or alternately clearing away the dishes and leftover glassware from stars and starseekers or bat mitzvah attendees while always smiling.

;)

I guess I'll take my boring job over that any day of the week!  

This job is pretty bullshit free, so that helps a lot.

EC

QuoteThis job is pretty bullshit free, so that helps a lot.
Yes...  It also helps to have other things going.  If these things were all I did, I don't think I could do it.  Benefits are pretty wicked.  I have NEVER worked at a job where I get benefits.  

Yes...  It also helps to have other things going.  If these things were all I did, I don't think I could do it.  Benefits are pretty wicked.  I have NEVER worked at a job where I get benefits.  

hell, me neither.  this is the first one, ever.  i call it "shithouse luck" as it were....

BIGVICLBI

19 year ols in beauty contests....sounds horrible ;D