R U A  MMJ  Fanboy/girl?

Started by ycartrob, May 13, 2008, 09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

Do you exhibit MMJ fanboyism or fangirlism to the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd degree? Well? Come on ya'll let's hear it! Are you or aren't you?

I'm a fanboy to the 5th power! How 'bout you?

Fanboy(sometimes spelled fanboi) is a term used to describe an individual who is devoted to a single fannish subject, or to a single point of view within that subject, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. Fanboys remain loyal to their particular obsession.
    Stereotypical fanboys are attributed with a devotion to the creators and principles behind a work with which they are currently enthralled. Fanboys are noted for a very emotional attachment to their chosen subject. They will readily engage in debates about their chosen subject.
     The term fangirl, while similar, often carries slightly different connotations. The term fangirl is often applied to any enthusiastic female fan, regardless of obsessive qualities or not, and is often used with overtones of "teenybopper".

History of fanboys and the term
    The term "fanboy" is most commonly associated with adolescent and teen males but can be applicable to any age or sex. The term originated in comic book circles to describe someone immersed in the fictional worlds of comics and the culture of comics fandom. Common subjects of reverence by fanboys are specific: TV shows; movies; music; anime; comic books; cars; video game consoles, video games and MMORPGs; and computer operating systems, hardware and software.
    Popular depictions of Fanboy stereotypes include the Comic Book Guy on The Simpsons and columnist Larry Groznic from the satirical newspaper The Onion. In the songs of the fannish parody musician Luke Ski, many characters proudly consider themselves fanboys.
    The earliest published uses of the word "fanboy" have been dated to 1982. One reference is to the cover of the "Official Underground and Newave Comix Price Guide". On this cover page are sketched overweight, overzealous comic book collectors wearing T-shirts that state "Fanboys of America," who are describing the extreme measures they would go to, including moving to San Francisco, to preserve their comics.
    Also published in 1982, a comic strip appeared in Jim Engel and Chuck Fiala's "Fandom Confidential" comic. In the strip, Jim and Chuck met comic artist/writer John Byrne and collapsed into "mindless paroxysms of adoration." The John Byrne character responded that they were "a couple of fanboys in bondage" (a play on words referring to a Monty Python sketch in which an Elizabethan era character reads what she claims to be a new Shakespeare work called "Gay Boys in Bondage".

bluntmaster

no way dude I'm fucking bluntmaster, plus I have a way bigger cock than that fanboy does.

Coltrane

absolutely. except my bowels have more chili-cheese fritos than cheetos.
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

ms. yvon

i've got an mmj lunchbox and decoder ring.

what does that equate?
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

cmccubbin25

Quoteno way dude I'm fucking bluntmaster, plus I have a way bigger cock than that fanboy does.

you never cease to amaze...
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

megalicious

all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

peanut butter puddin surprise

ownage!  

more qualities:

1.  Do you wake up with your hands on the keyboard of your computer, with the MMJ Forum open as your Homepage?
2.  Do you have MMJ Underoos?  (Patrick's are the most desirable  :-*)
3.  Do you drink more bourbon than soft drinks?
4.  If you had to choose between your anniversary or a road trip to Milwaukee for an M.Ward/MMJ show, what would be your choice?  (ha!  this is a true story-and we went together)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

upstatestruggler

yes

too heavy for the hippies

peanut butter puddin surprise

yes

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.  do you shoot straight or with ice, or with ice and water?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

upstatestruggler

I like it with nothing/water/ice/ginger ale/lemon. I love it I love it I love it!

Almost as much as fun boys. get a room. oh, wait, this thread is about fanboys. sorry.
(nch nch nch nch)(driving away in my mercedes)

too heavy for the hippies

ycartrob

Quoteownage!  

more qualities:

1.  Do you wake up with your hands on the keyboard of your computer, with the MMJ Forum open as your Homepage?
4.  If you had to choose between your anniversary or a road trip to Milwaukee for an M.Ward/MMJ show, what would be your choice?  (ha!  this is a true story-and we went together)
5. Have you gone to jail over a physical altercation with someone else b/c of their dislike of Off the Record?

Bigsky

I used to be a fanboy...now I'm a fanman

bluntmaster

Quoteno way dude I'm fucking bluntmaster, plus I have a way bigger cock than that fanboy does.

you never cease to amaze...

will you be my bff?

ms. yvon

5. Have you gone to jail over a physical altercation with someone else b/c of their dislike of Off the Record?
;D
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

fitzcarraldo

i like to move it move it  :D   ha ha! love it

sweatboard

Quoteownage!  

more qualities:

This whole thing right here, is so awesome.....

;D

6. Have you ever been so excited at a MMJ concert that you dry humped the person in front of you.

There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

ycartrob

Quoteownage!  

more qualities:

This whole thing right here, is so awesome.....

;D

6. Have you ever been so excited at a MMJ concert that you dry humped the person in front of you.

7. Have you ever been so excited at a MMJ concert that you got dry humped from behind and didn't mind.