Main Menu

ACL Taping

Started by Cameron, Apr 25, 2008, 09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cameron

the austin chronicle reported last week that MMJ would be one of the bands taping a show for the upcoming ACL season in august.  i hope austin get's a show at the same time!  also hope they get the whole hour this time!

marino13

1.  I hope they get a full hour this time.

2.  I hope my local PBS station isn't running their local telethon the week that it airs.  It seems to always fall on a good band (Wilco, Sufjan/Raconteurs, etc.), and they don't re-air the episode.

Dorothy_Mantooth

ACL is so prime. You walk in, get as much Ziegenbach as you can hold, scoot your way up to the front and proceed to dance the shit out of that place.
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

Cameron

it's the best...IF you can get in!  only managed to get in once for Blind Boys of Alabama and Robert Randolph.

evilPaauwe

WOW.    when i was at work.  a mere hour ago.  I was thinking to myself, and one thing i considered doing was posting a thread on this forum questioning the possibility of a mmj appearance on ACL.    Because when they played on ACL after Z, that was how i discovered them. And the rest is history
cheers.

jt1128

Are they going to be for sure at ACL this year?

Cameron

talking about the tv show NOT the festival.

Cameron

official...taping august 25th, the day after the stubb's show.  get in line now!

boom...outta here.

BH

Quoteofficial...taping august 25th, the day after the stubb's show.  get in line now!

boom...outta here.

Sweet!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

whothrewthecake

acl tapings really confuse me. the last time we just got space avail tickets bc some angel man handed them to us and we got in somehow and then high fived it for all of america. but this time i feel like lightning can't strike twice.

where can i get more info on this?