Name/Avatar Origins

Started by primushead, Sep 28, 2005, 10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ms. yvon

Radiohead...like the Talking Heads song, right? :)  
:D  baby, your mind is a radio...

ms. y-von was a character on pee-wee's playhouse. friends started calling me ms. y in 1986 or so.  just kinda stuck.  it's even on my business cards.

avatar: doris day rocks the casbah.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Jaimoe

Hey everone, I'm new to the board.

I've been using the name Jaimoe for 5 years now on the music website Jambands.ca ( Canadian jamband website ). I chose Jaimoe because I love the Allmans, but more specifically, back when I chose his name, I noticed that a troubling number of people associated with Jambands.ca didn't know many of the members of the Allman Brothers ( outside of Greg, Duane, Dickey, Warren and Derek Trucks ). This of course, was/is inexcusable.

My avatar is a picture of my guitar, a G&L ASAT Classic - a Leo Fender/George Fullerton made guitar, and direct rival of a Fender Telecaster.

SMc55

Hey Jaimoe. Nice to meet you. Welcome to the board.

ratsprayer

my new moniker is inspired by pure zzzzzzzzzzen or some sort of new southern-fried album coming out very soon.
 :D

dragonboy

Who by, Kermit the Frog?
Couldn't find much info, I think it's swamp-rock  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

tomEisenbraun

EZZZZZZZZZZZZ....?
(like Sunday mornin?)

I'm on that band wagon. But a wee bit more subtley so.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

QuoteEZZZZZZZZZZZZ....?
(like Sunday mornin?)

I'm on that band wagon. But a wee bit more subtley so.
Yeah, subtlety is not on my menu these dayzzz. ;)

sweatboard

Is it Jim's fingers that sweat so much or is actually the fretboard on his guitar dropping all those passion tears?
There's Still Time.........

EC

QuoteIs it Jim's fingers that sweat so much or is actually the fretboard on his guitar dropping all those passion tears?

How profound!  zzzzzzzweatboard.  :)

whothrewthecake

ok i joined the name change bandwagon. but i think i need a new official smiley for it.  [smiley=beatnik.gif]

thebigbang

I choze zbigbang 'cauze I like Z big noyz z band makz when z music hitz my eerz and shakez me all over z place.

Alzo, I often ponder z beginningz of z univerze.

And I alzo like alliteration almozt all z time.

My smokin' avatar is z smokin' bass player for z best band in z land.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

EC

QuoteMy smokin' avatar is the smokin' bass player for the best band in z land.
Where eeez he?  He is mizzzing?  :'(

edit: no! he eeez back.  mon dieu. ;)