Main Menu

the South

Started by LennytheTent, Sep 28, 2005, 11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkglow

tennessee representin'....

i dwell halfway between nashville and memphis, but not much longer as i am leaving to become a cryptologic technician (electronic warfare and intelligence) for the US Navy in 29 days. ah shucks i get to spend half the winter in chicago and the other half in pensacola, florida. i guess that's the worst followed by the best place to be in the winter time.

the south has it's perks and it's flaws, i havent decided if i'd like to settle down here yet though.

dragonboy

I went to Memphis & Nashville earlier this year.
I stayed in Downtown Memphis & couldn't leave my hotel without being followed by crack-heads!
It was kinda of scary at night & a real eye-opener for my first time on Mainland US.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

darkglow

yeah it does suck in memphis

dragonboy

Got to visit Graceland & Sun Studios which was the reason for going so it wasn't all bad  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

darkglow

i'm thinking of going to see the black crowes and the drive-by truckers in memphis the day after the nashville MMJ show.. could be too much excitement for one weekend but who really gives a fuck.. money is overrated and fun is underrated.. the concert is a benefit for the recent hurricanes.. plus i'll be leaving for a 9 week period with no music.. so yeah i'll probably go and endure "Memphrica" for a day/night.

dragonboy

Quotemoney is overrated and fun is underrated.. the concert is a benefit for the recent hurricanes..

I like what you're saying Darkglow, I say go for it!
The Black Crowes & DBT for a good cause?
Man, that's just too sweet!

Georgia_Peach

I would leach you in a second Lenny. The SouTh is nothing more than a hangout for the trash of America.

corey

dude, you gotta go see the Crowes and the DBTs. That's a killer double bill. I'd love to be at that show. Saw the Crowes for the first time last weekend and they didn't disappoint. I've seen the DBTs probably 15 times and never been let down.

EC

Quotei am leaving to become a cryptologic technician (electronic warfare and intelligence) for the US Navy in 29 days. ah shucks i get to spend half the winter in chicago and the other half in pensacola, florida. i guess that's the worst followed by the best place to be in the winter time.
Whuuut?!

You be goddamn careful, darkglow.  Do NOT allow them to ship you anywhere.  

:-/

MMJ_fanatic

I lived in Texas for a few years but got kinda bored there--the only excitement was an occasional dirt bike blast--I think because I grew up in New England with easy access to the ocean, the mountains, or the city if you like.  There are some really beautiful areas in the South that I have driven through before--Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee--not to mention visiting in Arizona and Florida (are they considered "Southern"?)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

CC

QuoteI went to Memphis & Nashville earlier this year.
I stayed in Downtown Memphis & couldn't leave my hotel without being followed by crack-heads!
It was kinda of scary at night & a real eye-opener for my first time on Mainland US.

next time go for The Heartbreak Hotel and ask for The Burning Love Suite.
it's kinda cheesy but you'll love it anyway ;)

EC

next time go for The Heartbreak Hotel and ask for The Burning Love Suite.
it's kinda cheesy but you'll love it anyway ;)
Woweee.  ;)  

CC

no crackheads, just lotsa mirrors.

EC

Wow!  That must've been a fun night!! ;)

CC

QuoteWow!  That must've been a fun night!! ;)

one night wasn't enough

if I ever get around to redecorating my house...

[smiley=pimp.gif]

EC

one night wasn't enough

if I ever get around to redecorating my house...

[smiley=pimp.gif]

hahaha!!!  [smiley=elvis.gif]

TheLink

i am from the North myself.  I really want to check out the South, but really I haven't been since I was 9, which would be 19 years ago, so not much perspective.  I find the difference in lifestyle and culture to be quite interesting though.  I, like Fanatic grew up in happy old New England >:(, where everyone is sooo nice and easy going. ;)  It is very nice up here and seasons can be fun yet exhausting the older you get.  Personally, I wish I could go back to Canada.  That is where it's at, as Beck would say.  Props to our Northern friends.  Seems like all you guys do is make music and play hockey! ;D

Drunkre

i live in a little state called Alabama, it's southern

I as well live in a state called Alabama.  In a quaint little town called Birmingham to be exact, and I need a drinking buddy...  I'm married, so if you're a chick, I'm not trying to hook up (ditto if you're gay...not that there's anything wrong with that).
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

yieldgirl

Quotewho else here lives in the south? HorkoLad said last night that he hates the south, but don't hold it against him..he has some issues

*waves*

when do you start posting here lenny?
He made it to the ocean, had a smoke in a tree.
The wind rose up set him down on his knee.
A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw.
Deliver him wings,

LennytheTent

I as well live in a state called Alabama.  In a quaint little town called Birmingham to be exact, and I need a drinking buddy...  I'm married, so if you're a chick, I'm not trying to hook up (ditto if you're gay...not that there's anything wrong with that).

i don't drink..and i'm not gay  :-X

yieldgirl, HorkoLad forced me to post here
Marge: Do you ever wonder why nobody likes you?
Artie Ziff: Anti-semitism?