A Confederacy of Dunces

Started by the_twilight_kid, Oct 09, 2005, 10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzcarraldo

Just finished re-reading this:  hilarious, brilliant, genius. Ignatius J. Reilly is one hell of a character. Fans? Shame about Toole huh? my valve...lol

EC

I have been meaning to read this book for a while.  For a variety of reasons, every time it's supposed to get leant to me, something happens.  (Person moves away before we remember to keep it out of the box, brother forgets that he promised it to his sister, etc.)

Right now I'm reading The Alchemist.  (Not to make this into a thread about either "other books", or The Alchemist, though...)

Yes...  I really want to read this book.

ycartrob

There are many facets to my being...

whothrewthecake

great book. one of my prouder moments was finding a hard cover version at my local bookstore.

ms. yvon

my valve! ha!  ignatius j. reilly, rocks the casbah.  i had pulled my copy of the shelf for a re-read this summer, but loaned it to a friend when she asked me about it.

haven't seen it since...   :(
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

BIGVICLBI

Don't know why but I kept waiting for it to get better....and it never did. Add that to Napolean Dynamite as two that got away from me. Just read "Running With Scissors" this afternoon, pretty good but I like my reads longer and more story driven.

fitzcarraldo

Cool,  Nap Dyn kicks ass as well if you see it twice it just keeps on getting better. It plays like a good record. Whoa! Rare these days (my humble opinion)   :)
Pedro kicks Dubya's ass.