Mozilla Question

Started by EC, Oct 04, 2005, 01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

Hey guys, my browser is making everything look funny...  I can't see pictures above anymore.  Yesterday I did an update, and now it's all weeeird.  Anybody know what to do?

:)

Jellyfish

Hmmmm...is there a red button in the far upper right corner that says critical updates when you scroll over it?
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

EC

QuoteHmmmm...is there a red button in the far upper right corner that says critical updates when you scroll over it?
Nope.  There was a little puzzle piece thing that popped up yesterday and said that new updates were ready to install, so I did, and now it's all fucked.  myspace looks weird - there's no buttons, only text and it's much larger.  Plus the listening console won't load.  For some reason everything here seems to be okay now.  heh.  Everything's good at the My Morning Jacket website.

But that's it.  I think it's a Java thing, but I don't know what.

aMillionDreams

if it was an update that screwed up you browser I would try to update again or tomorrow sometime.  Perhaps they left a glitch in their update which they will correct soon.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

EC

Quoteif it was an update that screwed up you browser I would try to update again or tomorrow sometime.  Perhaps they left a glitch in their update which they will correct soon.
Good point.  Computers are hard.  :-/

Jellyfish

Did you reboot after you updated yesterday?

EC

QuoteDid you reboot after you updated yesterday?
yep.  it's still doin' it.  blast it!

ChiefOKONO

do you have firefox 1.07?  it works fine for me.
did you try reinstalling your browser?

EC

Quotedo you have firefox 1.07?  it works fine for me.
did you try reinstalling your browser?
No, but maybe I should...  You mean erase all my files and then redownload it?

Jellyfish

No, but maybe I should...  You mean erase all my files and then redownload it?

I would try that....I have never heard of anyone having problems with MF like you are.

EC

I would try that....I have never heard of anyone having problems with MF like you are.

Maybe it's because I'm sooooo special. ;)

I'll try to erase it and redo it tonight, and I'll let you all know.  (I'm having a vague memory of somebody, was it tundra?, saying that there was some weird hacker thing where someone was pretending to be mozilla, and telling you to download critical elements, and then it turned out they were bastard hackers.  So I'm hoping it's not that.)

(I also kind of feel, at this point, that I wouldn't care if the whole stupid computer just decided to die.  I think it would be mucho helpful in my terrible bent towards procrastination.)

Jellyfish

Maybe it's because I'm sooooo special. ;)

I'll try to erase it and redo it tonight, and I'll let you all know.  (I'm having a vague memory of somebody, was it tundra?, saying that there was some weird hacker thing where someone was pretending to be mozilla, and telling you to download critical elements, and then it turned out they were bastard hackers.  So I'm hoping it's not that.)

(I also kind of feel, at this point, that I wouldn't care if the whole stupid computer just decided to die.  I think it would be mucho helpful in my terrible bent towards procrastination.)

Well...we don't want that...cause you wouldn't be able to post and we would miss you. ::)

EC

Well...we don't want that...cause you wouldn't be able to post and we would miss you. ::)
What a LOVELY thing to say.  :)

ChiefOKONO

don't erase all the files manually but use the add/remove programs part of the control panel.

EC

Quotedon't erase all the files manually but use the add/remove programs part of the control panel.
Crap.  I forgot to do it.

It's 11:11.  I'll make a wish...  

EC

Yep, just did it.  Still no go.

What the hell?   >:(

Jellyfish

I wished I could help you...have you tried surfing around on message boards to see if others are having the same problems.Try googling mozilla and see what you come up with...are you on a MAC?

EC

QuoteI wished I could help you...have you tried surfing around on message boards to see if others are having the same problems.Try googling mozilla and see what you come up with...are you on a MAC?

Seriously, you dudes have been so awesome with your suggestions.  I will try to google all this at home.  It might have something to do with a Norton/Javascript stupid thing.  I remember something weird clicked suddenly last year or something, and there were certain things I couldn't do anymore like enlarge pictures and stuff.

Anyhow, I'll keep you posted.  And I really appreciate your efforts.  Fo rizzo.  :)

(p.s.  I'm on a mac at work.  pc at home.  Makes everything sooooo easy.)

EC

And now it's suddenly all normal again.

hahaha.  What the hell?!  I guess we shouldn't assume that our computers will be different than us in our weirdness.  

LaurieBlue

Has anyone viewed MMJ's MySpace with Firefox?  The text does not show up at all (it's black?) unless you highlight over it.  I think that's something the page designer needs to look at though if they want it to show up there, yes?