My Morning Jacket: Cover Of Spin

Started by DaFunkyPrecedent, Apr 16, 2008, 01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Caseydog

Got mine yesterday and read the article while watching American Idol with my wife and daughter.  

Well written with nice pictures of the guys in their element.

bignewt

while watching american idol? Im surprised the magazine didnt burst into flames at the exposure.

Don't let your silly dreams,
fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall.

ManNamedTruth

in the magazine it says if you go to http://www.spin.com/mmj-video there will be a "never-before-seen" video but its not there. wonder when it will be up?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

The DARK

Quotewhile watching american idol? Im surprised the magazine didnt burst into flames at the exposure.

Man, he's lucky to be alive.
In another time, in another place, in another face

DavidCrosby

I am not sure if anyone noticed this or not but on the new Rolling Stone (the best of rock 2008 issue) there are all these little pictures of random bands and My Morning Jacket is one of them....I dont have it in front of me but I think it was a picture of Jim and Tommy or Jim and Carl.....but technically they are on the cover of Rolling Stone.....two covers in one month.....kick ass...........
listen to vinyl

Dorothy_Mantooth

QuoteGot mine yesterday and read the article while watching American Idol with my wife and daughter.  

Well written with nice pictures of the guys in their element.

Jason Castro, FTW  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

JacketGal

Loved the article - and I love the photos. It struck me that they are smiling in a lot of them. That's just further proof that they don't have to do the rock star stare/aloof poses.  Why not smile?  8-)
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

chunt983

I like the quote from Jim: "Our first van was named Rosie, because there was ah whole lotta her"

Nice reference to some classic AC/DC

jo_mama

They mentioned at the end of the article that you could see the band doing karaoke. Has anyone gotten to see the video of Jim singing Aretha Franklins "you make me feel like a natural woman" yet? I am dying to see this. If so please put up the link.

BH

QuoteThey mentioned at the end of the article that you could see the band doing karaoke. Has anyone gotten to see the video of Jim singing Aretha Franklins "you make me feel like a natural woman" yet? I am dying to see this. If so please put up the link.

I saw that too.  They gave this link but I keep checking it and still nothing.  I even sent them an e-mail about it but haven't got a response back.

spin.com/mmj-video
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

CTdeadhead

Funny how they keep calling Tommy "Blankenship".    Still doesn't sound right to include his last name.  Some people should only have a first name.  

JerseyDan

upstatestruggler

"it's surprising to find them looking like something closer to the metrosexuals in Maroon 5"
I'm sorry. NO. this is unpossible.

too heavy for the hippies

Penny Lane

finally got a chance to read this--i loved the article. so jim IS single? or as of that interview.....INTERESTING> so open and honest--i loved what he had to say (sigh) what a heartbreaker---
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

gundy

Got my copy and it is awesome! Need the Billboard magazine...

Gundy

whyteand82nd

QuoteFunny how they keep calling Tommy "Blankenship".    Still doesn't sound right to include his last name.  Some people should only have a first name.  

I know dude, it threw me off too.
I even started a thread aout how i had no idea what his last name was until then...
4 Fav. bands: My morning Jacket
The Shins
Modest Mouse
The Mars Volta