Main Menu

Napkins

Started by waxy, Nov 10, 2005, 12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waxy

This is weird for me to say, but I have an addiction to napkins.  What I mean is I feel very uncomfortable if I'm eating and there is less than 10 napkins at my disposal.  I have a complex about eating in front of people; I want to remain as clean as possible in the company of others.  That is why I am constantly wiping my face after I take a bite of something to eat.  

I know it's a mental thing, but I just can't shake my napkin habit.  It goes as far as when I'm in a fancy restaurant, and they only have one cloth napkin for me to use, I freak out and come within inches of walking out.  I've learned to just ask the waiter or waitress for extra cloth napkins.  Usually they will comply, but when I come across someone that is not willing to see things my way, I take matters into my own hands.  

First I look around for empty tables that are set.  I'll go up and take about 7-8 of the place settings and bring them back to my table.  I hide them on the floor and discreetly take them out when I need a new cloth napkin.

The majority of the time I'll go into the bathroom and rip off about 10-12 paper towels and use them as napkins for my fancy meal.

It's a curse I've learned to live with, but believe me, it's a struggle everyday.

Anyone else here addicted to napkins?
makes much more sense to live in the present tense

MikeHawk

Alligator Gar

I am, friend, but not to the degree that you are. My addiction makes me bring others multiple napkins whenever food is present. Everyone must have at least 4 napkins or I can't start eating. Usually I'm okay at restaurants, as long as everyone has a napkin and a place-setting, if not I usually suggest to teh person that they succeed in gettign a place-setting (napkin included) before drinks or starters are ordered. I, personally, can never eat without a napkin, and usually three napkins are enough to quench my napkin addiction.

HorkoLad

QuoteI am, friend, but not to the degree that you are. My addiction makes me bring others multiple napkins whenever food is present. Everyone must have at least 4 napkins or I can't start eating. Usually I'm okay at restaurants, as long as everyone has a napkin and a place-setting, if not I usually suggest to teh person that they succeed in gettign a place-setting (napkin included) before drinks or starters are ordered. I, personally, can never eat without a napkin, and usually three napkins are enough to quench my napkin addiction.

There will be napkins aplenty, in Michigan, in November =|
[img][url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg[/url][/img]

Alligator Gar

There will be napkins aplenty, in Michigan, in November =|

Please also make sure no one touches me.

Spider_Beard

napkins have saved me on more than one occasion  ;)