Beer vs. Bourbon

Started by johnconaway, Nov 16, 2005, 12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Okay you alcoholics out there...gimme your vote if you had to choose one over the other, which would you go with?

How about if you were stuck on a desert island...which one would you go with??

I'm voting bourbon...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Alligator Gar

QuoteOkay you alcoholics out there...gimme your vote if you had to choose one over the other, which would you go with?

How about if you were stuck on a desert island...which one would you go with??

I'm voting bourbon...

You must be from Chicago, because that's what I would choose too, pal.

You must be from Chicago, because that's what I would choose too, pal.

I'm not from Chicago.

Ophelia

I would prefer a single malt scotch but that's not a choice so I'll go with the bourbon.

EC

I'm not from Chicago.
I am also not from Chicago, but I would also choose Bourbon.  I have not had a nice bourbon in (wait, I can count) 29 dayzzz.

Yep.  sux.  

Half

i switched from beer to whiskey about 3 years ago.

beer is usually a last ditch choice
but i done went and plum forgot it

HorkoLad

[img][url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg[/url][/img]

I am also not from Chicago, but I would also choose Bourbon.  I have not had a nice bourbon in (wait, I can count) 29 dayzzz.

Yep.  sux.  

29 Days without Bourbon makes one...weep!  We need to lift that ban on export to Canada so we can get you on the Knob Creek train... ;)

EC

29 Days without Bourbon makes one...weep!  We need to lift that ban on export to Canada so we can get you on the Knob Creek train... ;)
What ban on export to Canada?!  

you know, I can't go down to the liquor store and mail you personally some bourbon....at least that's what the post office here is telling me.... :'(

EC

Quoteyou know, I can't go down to the liquor store and mail you personally some bourbon....at least that's what the post office here is telling me.... :'(
SERIOUS?!  (You looked into it?  sweet pea!!!)

What jerks.  Never mind.  I'll just have to come to goddamn Kentucky my own self and bring some goddamn bourbon back.  Just WATCH them try 'n stop me!!  ;)

ratsprayer

EC

QuoteNewcastle

flat out.
Yeah, but Newkie brown makes you really thirsty.  I think it's the bull's blood...

ratsprayer

Yeah, but Newkie brown makes you really thirsty.  I think it's the bull's blood...

i really dont like more than a few beers, so i dont mind the fact im left craving more and more.  i love Newkie because you can drink it out of a fucking plastic cup, and it still tastes delicious.  not many beers can compete with that.

Golden_Shores

Knee-jerk reaction:  Beer

But in the long run, I'd be more inclined to say bourbon.  Although beer is more filling and I imagine on a desert island, the menu would be sort of light and not vegetarian friendly.

I'm sticking with bourbon I think.
Sometimes I wear pants.

SERIOUS?!  (You looked into it?  sweet pea!!!)

What jerks.  Never mind.  I'll just have to come to goddamn Kentucky my own self and bring some goddamn bourbon back.  Just WATCH them try 'n stop me!!  ;)

Of course I looked into it.  Couldn't leave you all high and dry without some more Knob Creek or EC, now could I??  ;)

Jaimoe

Beer, and it better be Canadian beer, but not Labbatt's Blue.

ratsprayer

QuoteBeer, and it better be Canadian beer, but not Labbatt's Blue.

moosehead?

Golden_Shores

I'm sure there are plenty, but rattle off some canadian beers because I'm only familiar with Labatt's.
Sometimes I wear pants.

primushead

I would take bourbon, and then mix beer into it for a mixture I like to call "bourbeer".  Patent pending.