Poll: When will they get banned?

Started by alligatorgar, Nov 16, 2005, 12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HorkoLad

QuoteI hope the answer is never.  I don't really understand what "they" have done to get banned either, except call out Conaway on his bullshit, but I'll be the first to tell you that that is a cardinal sin around here.  I think that people just get a little annoyed the number of posts and new threads made by the new gang.  But really, I personally find the My pap thread 10 times more interesting than any thread about John's baby's new pictures. Is THAT not something that could be handled through pms or email to the handful of people who give a shit?   And what is the difference between Horklad and Waxy's apparent inside jokes and the inside jokes that flood threads outside of Off-topic ramblings, e.g. Cock, free crack, or soulchubby?  I'm really not trying to start anything, just adding my two cents to a hot topic on this board of late and that's the way I see it.  There seems to be a double standard and I'm not the only one who notices it.

:D
[img][url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg[/url][/img]

Half

QuoteI hope the answer is never.  I don't really understand what "they" have done to get banned either, except call out Conaway on his bullshit, but I'll be the first to tell you that that is a cardinal sin around here.  I think that people just get a little annoyed the number of posts and new threads made by the new gang.  But really, I personally find the My pap thread 10 times more interesting than any thread about John's baby's new pictures. Is THAT not something that could be handled through pms or email to the handful of people who give a shit?   And what is the difference between Horklad and Waxy's apparent inside jokes and the inside jokes that flood threads outside of Off-topic ramblings, e.g. Cock, free crack, or soulchubby?  I'm really not trying to start anything, just adding my two cents to a hot topic on this board of late and that's the way I see it.  There seems to be a double standard and I'm not the only one who notices it.

*stretches out hamstrings*
*crunches numbers*
but i done went and plum forgot it

waxy

You're now in the secret club, mister.

You see, its the whole "Body Armor" theory of the message board...I'm sure you've seen those commercials with the dude screaming "WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!!"  ...Conaway is trying to protect his house.  We're new, and we threaten him...not unlike big muscular athletes who try and break into a houseful of other big muscular athletes.  They strap on they're Body Armor and "protect this house"

Johnconaway is protecting his house not by putting on Body Armor as the commercial would suggest...rather he is lashing out at everyone new in the Off Topic forum with his cunning wit and strategically placed Ralph Wiggam jokes.

The way I see it, we came in here not looking for trouble, but a place to hang out and bond with fellow MMJ fans...some joined in on the fun, while others felt threatened...so the ones that felt threatened made it into a big deal, and they are the ones responsible for divining the board.

I don't see how a man in his mid 30's with a beautiful child gets so upset at the way people post on the internet...that is beyond me, and quite frankly its probably a deeper control issue that he had growing up or with his life partner present day.  There really is no reason to shit on someone else when they never shit on you in the first place....
makes much more sense to live in the present tense

Half

waxy

Quote*under armor

If this doesn't get your fired up....you don't have a pulse, man.
makes much more sense to live in the present tense

Half

If this doesn't get your fired up....you don't have a pulse, man.

HAHAHA

i always say "who the hell decides to run the ball from the 10 yard line when its 4th and goal?  seriously?"

aMillionDreams

You're now in the secret club, mister.

You see, its the whole "Body Armor" theory of the message board...I'm sure you've seen those commercials with the dude screaming "WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!!"  ...Conaway is trying to protect his house.  We're new, and we threaten him...not unlike big muscular athletes who try and break into a houseful of other big muscular athletes.  They strap on they're Body Armor and "protect this house"

Johnconaway is protecting his house not by putting on Body Armor as the commercial would suggest...rather he is lashing out at everyone new in the Off Topic forum with his cunning wit and strategically placed Ralph Wiggam jokes.

The way I see it, we came in here not looking for trouble, but a place to hang out and bond with fellow MMJ fans...some joined in on the fun, while others felt threatened...so the ones that felt threatened made it into a big deal, and they are the ones responsible for divining the board.

I don't see how a man in his mid 30's with a beautiful child gets so upset at the way people post on the internet...that is beyond me, and quite frankly its probably a deeper control issue that he had growing up or with his life partner present day.  There really is no reason to shit on someone else when they never shit on you in the first place....

Hey, I'll admit that I felt threatened by Conaway which was part of the reason I didn't start contributing to the forum until this year.  I'm sure many other loyal, knowledgable fans are likewise turned off as well.  However, I realized that this band and this forum is no more John's than it is mine or anyone else who enjoys the jacket.  Plus, John's pompous elitism had to had stopped or at least taken down a peg.  I know that John's trying to protect his house, but the point is it's not his house and he's got to get used to other people sitting on the couches and putting their feet on the coffeetable around here.  I'm glad that the forum has evolved out of the circlejerk that was this forum a year ago.  
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

HorkoLad

HAHAHA

i always say "who the hell decides to run the ball from the 10 yard line when its 4th and goal?  seriously?"

Goliath, thats who.
[img][url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg[/url][/img]

Alligator Gar