Main Menu

Bill Hicks

Started by McGuire, Sep 19, 2005, 02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Quote from: Clarkwork on Aug 16, 2013, 11:07 AM
Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Aug 16, 2013, 03:50 AM
He is also heard on the Aenema album in the track "Third Eye"

"Drugs have done good things for us. If you don't believe they have, do me a favor and take all your albums, tapes, cds and burn 'em. Cuz you know what? The musicians who made all that great music that has enhanced your lives throughout the years, rrrrrreal fuckin' high"

Actually THIS is the one I was thinking of.  It's been a while since i've heard it but that was it. Thanks

This is Third Eye with the lyrics that ToolCD included with his upload on YouTube. (I knew this was the song you were really talking about, Clarkwork. I had just found that other video that the guy had added more Bill Hicks material to and thought it was interesting.) There are a few others fans have put together as a tribute to Bill that are pretty cool.

Here are the lyrics ToolCD included with his video.

"See, I think drugs have done some good things for us, I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a Favor: go home tonight and take all your albums, all your tapes, and all your cd's and burn em'. 'Cause you know what? The musicians who've made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years... Rrrrrrrrrrrrreal fuckin' high on drugs."
--Bill Hicks

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

"It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, it´s what it is ok?. Keep that in mind at all times. Thank you!"
-- Bill Hicks

15 Tool- Third Eye (W/ Lyrics)
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Paulie_Walnuts

Quote from: cmasters on Sep 19, 2005, 09:40 PM
All time greatest spokesman and comedian ever.

You haven't seen Jerry Sadowitz!
Paulie W

BH

"Here's Tom with the weather"  Fucking classic.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Tired Eyes

I'm a big Bill Hicks fan...love his work.

I was lucky enough to see him once.  It was at a taping of Late Night With David Letterman.

Mr. White

Quote from: Tired Eyes on Aug 26, 2013, 08:16 PM

I was lucky enough to see him once.  It was at a taping of Late Night With David Letterman.

Very cool! Do you remember what the date of that show was? I didn't even know about Bill until Tool turned me on to him. I saw (and recorded to VHS and later transferred to DVD) a documentary about him on Trio back in the late, late 1990's or mayby as late as 2000 that was hosted by Janeane Garofalo called Outlaw Comic: The Censoring of Bill Hicks. I just did a search for it on YouTube, and the whole thing is right here...

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82E20FA42D77A422

I later bought those great DVD's that CC Baxter was talking about a few years ago. The first one I got was Bill Hicks: Satirist, Social Critic, Stand-Up Comedian - Live, then Bill Hicks...Sane Man, and finally, American: The Bill Hicks Story from BBC. (I got all 3 at ear-X-tacy in Louisville.)

My brother and I got to see George Carlin twice. We had tickets to see him at the Louisville Palace theatre on September 28, 2001 (We needed this at that particular moment in time). We saw him again at the Palace on May 9, 2004. I can't even begin to tell you how much it meant to see George live before he died. He had been one of my heroes since a stole one of my dad's albums of Carlin when I was about 11 or 12 years old. I was so sad when he died.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Tired Eyes

Quote from: Mr. White on Aug 26, 2013, 10:44 PM
Quote from: Tired Eyes on Aug 26, 2013, 08:16 PM

Very cool! Do you remember what the date of that show was? I didn't even know about Bill until Tool turned me on to him. I saw (and recorded to VHS and later transferred to DVD) a documentary about him on Trio back in the late, late 1990's or mayby as late as 2000 that was hosted by Janeane Garofalo called Outlaw Comic: The Censoring of Bill Hicks. I just did a search for it on YouTube, and the whole thing is right here...

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82E20FA42D77A422

I later bought those great DVD's that CC Baxter was talking about a few years ago. The first one I got was Bill Hicks: Satirist, Social Critic, Stand-Up Comedian - Live, then Bill Hicks...Sane Man, and finally, American: The Bill Hicks Story from BBC. (I got all 3 at ear-X-tacy in Louisville.)

My brother and I got to see George Carlin twice. We had tickets to see him at the Louisville Palace theatre on September 28, 2001 (We needed this at that particular moment in time). We saw him again at the Palace on May 9, 2004. I can't even begin to tell you how much it meant to see George live before he died. He had been one of my heroes since a stole one of my dad's albums of Carlin when I was about 11 or 12 years old. I was so sad when he died.

That's awesome that you saw George Carlin.  I wish I had seen him but never did.

The date of the show was 3/19/93.  The clip is linked below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9z8TOUtwbw