Manifesto for 2006

Started by johnconaway, Jan 03, 2006, 12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

resolutions to lose weight and drink less (or more) aside, I have started working on my manifesto for the year.  Here's a snippet of what I've got so far...in order of priority:

1.  Spend every possible moment with Amelia.  Teach her about what's good, read to her every day, and crank up the MMJ at every occasion.

1.  (tie)Fix my finances, permanently.  'nuff said.

2.  Be nicer to everyone, including myself and my family and friends.  Return phone calls in less than a month or however long it took last year.  Yikes.

3.  Listen to more good music and less shitty music.  Concentrate on advancing good music as a cause and spend less energy attempting to hold back the ocean of shitty music out there.

4.  Mend fences that need it.

5.  Absolutely not have one cigarette in 2006.

6.  Continue my lifelong campaign to irritate, annoy, confuse, confound, and otherwise agitate the right side of the political aisle.

7.  Campaign for politicians I think have a chance to turn things around in our country.

8.  Find more spirituality.  Not religion, but spirituality.

9.  Do a better job at work.  

10.  Bury the past where it belongs.

11.  Stop participating in gossip.

12.  Spend even more time on the message board.  ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Chills

That's quite a lot  :D
Good luck !

wellfleet

take smaller bites...
you know, like dr.phil says, measurable goals, quantifiable results...
i can help with the agitating and annoying the political right. and every day you don't smoke, i will post something nice about you here, even if i have to make it up!
everything sucks. really.

Jellyfish

My number 1 goal is to make it to 2007. :)
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

peanut butter puddin surprise

hey wellfleet, thanks!  the smoking thing isn't as hard as I thought it would be.  there's a stale pack of cloves in my kitchen that i haven't touched...all year!  actually, since the MMJ show in Louisville, so I haven't had a cig in over a month.  

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

MMJ_fanatic

Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.