The worst present you ever got?

Started by mickeyreds, Dec 29, 2005, 04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Haha - what a great story Tom!

In your parents defence they meant well but at the same time I too would have been equally pissed by socks & underwear.

As we get older we realise more & more that parents aren't perfect. As I child I thought my Mum & Dad were untouchable in everyway but that's bullshit - they're human beings just like us. Becoming a parent doesn't automatically make you a good father or mother.
Here I am at 32 years old & fucking up pretty much every day.
I could have a 15 year child now...

I once had to sit by & watch an old girlfriend's mother screw her & her daughter's life up again & again. I kept trying to tell her "your Mum means well, she doesn't mean to hurt you" & so on.

Learning that your parents are just human & are just as likely to fuck up as you are is an important day in everyone's life.
My parents have just moved to Spain - they're so self involved right now it's driving my sister's & I crazy but we've learnt to cut them some slack. Are they perfect - no? Do they Love us - yes? At the end of the day, as with any relationship, that's all that counts.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

MickeyReds

nice presents ladies and gents!  ;D
at least some people feel my pain. and yes I returned the jeans.They were 75$. I bought a nice bottle of scotch and a pack of marlboro.
As long as you keep a straight face...

Form91225

The worst president I ever got was GW bush....wait....present? it's present? oh....never mind.....

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteThe worst president I ever got was GW bush....wait....present? it's present? oh....never mind.....

;D
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

MMJ_fanatic

a pink bunny pajama suit and I had asked specifically for a leg lamp!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

Quotea pink bunny pajama suit and I had asked specifically for a leg lamp!
Do you want to take that thing off?  Yeah?  Okay, go on upstairs and get that thing off.  

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there