pomegranate juice

Started by ratsprayer, Mar 05, 2006, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratsprayer

anyone have any love?  i tried it a few years ago, and i can't get enough.  it's like nectar for the gods.  i drink POM quite often, i think my favourite is pomegranate cherry, but they're all very good.  pomegranate juice has the highest levels of anti-oxidants of anything out there, more then blueberries, red wine, green tea, etc etc.  anyone else share the love?

FarmerYoda

POM!
i love that stuff.
especially the blueberry/pomegrantate.

yes.

haha.

(they should make blackberry)

EC

I haven't tried the pomegranate juice, but have been looking at it for a while.  I have questions:

1.  Do they use organic pomegranates in POM?
2.  What ingredient number is sugar?
3.  Can you get other alternative versions at health food stores?

:)  

ratsprayer

QuoteI haven't tried the pomegranate juice, but have been looking at it for a while.  I have questions:

1.  Do they use organic pomegranates in POM?
2.  What ingredient number is sugar?
3.  Can you get other alternative versions at health food stores?

:)  

i dunno about organic pomegranates, do those exist?  there are no added sugars, just what is naturally there.  each 16oz bottle has the juice of 5 pomegranates.  its a good source of potassium, gluten free, certified kosher.   i've only ever had POM, i'd suggest that one based solely on elitism.   ;)

EC

i dunno about organic pomegranates, do those exist?  there are no added sugars, just what is naturally there.  each 16oz bottle has the juice of 5 pomegranates.  its a good source of potassium, gluten free, certified kosher.   i've only ever had POM, i'd suggest that one based solely on elitism.   ;)

i am sure that some farm in california only grows organic pomegranates.  ;)  those hippies in la are always trying to make a buck on the latest trends.  (so jokin')

i do love elitism.  perhaps i will give this a try.  ;)

SiOuxTribe

I tried some pom/blueberry juice at costco the other day, it kicked ass.  the pom hits you first, then you have the aftertaste of blueberries.  
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

SmoothOprtr

Not only do I drink POM (Blueberry is my fav) but I also drink the staight pomagranite juice from Cosco... one oz. is supposed to equal like 12 pomagranites... good shit...
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

primushead

I've never tried it...but I think I may have to.  I've heard it's super healthy and good for the digestive track.  Ah...what the hell.  I'm going to Earth Fare right now.  See yas!

MMJ_fanatic

I like Pomegranate apple cider--wicked tasty!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

wellfleet

pomegranates are eaten at jewish new year to signify fertility and success. they're delicious straight up, too. i love POM but it's a bit expensive for me right now.
i like cranberry juice. not the sugar-y one, the bitter, make-a-face one.
everything sucks. really.

Alabama_Bound

tdan

I had dinner at a Persian restaurant here in Louisville recently.  I had a chicken stew that was made with Pomegranate juice.  I had never tasted anything quite like it.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

ratsprayer

QuoteI had dinner at a Persian restaurant here in Louisville recently.  I had a chicken stew that was made with Pomegranate juice.  I had never tasted anything quite like it.

im not sure if thats a good or bad thing?  

tdan

im not sure if thats a good or bad thing?  

me neither.  :-/
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end