If you could have dinner/drinks with any person.

Started by sweatboard, Mar 07, 2006, 02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

I'm going with Cameron Crow, he seems like one cool motherfucker.  With a gigantic heart.  I would just love to hang out with that guy and talk music, movies, life, and Jim James acting ability.  I'm not going to lie "Almost Famous" changed the path I went down as far as listening to music as much as anything.  At the time "Almost Famous" came out I was listening to alot of early Elton John and thinking nothing sounds like this anymore even Elton John sucks now.  I watched Almost Famous and started thinking "what real rock band is out there giving it up on stage these days, then I was in the record store and saw some live Pearl Jam bootlegs and thought ok I've never seen them live but I love the studio stuff.  Well, it didn't take me long to realize that Pearl Jam is the real deal when it comes to playing live.  I became so obsessed with thier live stuff that I soon discovered the power of the internet when it comes to obsessing about music (The Red Mosquito, Pearl Jam Forum) and it opened up a whole new world for me as far as using the internet to discover new music.  I discovered a band called My Morning Jacket from reading a review on an online record review site.  I downloaded a song called "The Bear" and the rest is history.  Cameron Crow made a movie called "Elizabethtown" with an early Elton John song in it and an apperance by a band out of Louisville called My Morning Jacket the movie also included a scene with a bedroom that had a Pearl Jam poster up on the wall.  No need to tell you all that I wept like a baby and (laughed like a hiennah) during that film.  Thank You Cameron Crow.  Let's have a beer sometime.
There's Still Time.........

dragonboy

Think I'm going to have to go with Willie Nelson.
Willie is hands done one of my fav artists; he's an american icon but still seems very down to earth.
Maybe he'd get old trigger out & strum out a couple of tunes before we shared a bit of puff.
I'm sure he'd have some great stories to tell about himself & the rest of the highwaymen. Maybe Kris would even drop by (I'm cheating now, I know!)
All of this would, of course, have to take place at his house in Maui, one of the most beautiful places in the world (the island, not Willie's house, I've not been there yet...)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

SiOuxTribe

Chad Smith, the drummer of the chili peppers.

We would be drunk as shit by the end of the night spanking strippers on the ass with wooden spatulas.
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

Jaimoe

jrat

neil young. and id make him sing when he talks, no regular talking. all conversation has to have a wild guitar solo after all his sentences/lyrics. and wed drink a 2-4 of Pabst and play mariokart on 64
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd

Jaimoe

Quoteneil young. and id make him sing when he talks, no regular talking. all conversation has to have a wild guitar solo after all his sentences/lyrics. and wed drink a 2-4 of Pabst and play mariokart on 64

A good choice other than the 2-4 of Pabst. You'd better explain what a 2-4 is to our American cousins.

jrat

a 2-4 is a case of 24 beers, and Pabst is a beer, not a smear, although i think jaimoe would beg to differ ;) its cheap here in canada, and its usually the beer of choice for my freinds. i have pic with eddy vedder and neil having a pabst on my wall. maybe a bottle of cheap red wine, maybe a boxed wine. eat potatoes, homegrown only of course. throw in some steak with BSE, get all fucked up and throw rocks into the creek and catch turtles. they are slow, so we would be able to get them with ease, and name them.
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd

primushead

Hugh Hefner.  I think he'd be a cool person to drink with and have a treasure chest of interesting stories to tell.   8)

MMJ_fanatic

For me it would have to be Chris Cornell (or Jim of course)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

I think I'd really like to ask Robert Pirsig a question or two.  

wellfleet

since all of you are mentioning musicians...

i'd like to kick it old school with neil young, too. i just wanna say, man, do you ever like, kick back, put on harvest moon and mellow out?
i mean, do you think jim ever puts on at dawn and marvels at the kick-ass-ity of it all? cause if not, he's missing out! does paul ever put please please me in his cd player?

neil and i can play with his model trains, take a tour of his farm, watch the sun set, talk about his dad...
everything sucks. really.

ali

jimi goodwin....

gruff rhys ....

or

jim james!

love a song for the way it makes you feel

dragonboy

Quotejimi goodwin....

gruff rhys ....

or

jim james!

I met Jimi Goodwin at a Doves concert, seemed a bit of a grumpy bugger.
I thought Jim James was a given for everyone?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

sweatboard

Yeah, no fair putting down Jim James it makes the rest of us look bad.  
There's Still Time.........

ali

sorry, thought i'd just state the obvious choice!!

;)

dragonboy

Josh Homme always makes me laugh in interviews. He seems to have a great sense of humour.
I met him at a Kyuss concert way back when with 2 girls, one on each arm.
Shit that dude is tall...

ali

of course, if i was in the same country as you lovely people, i'd be up for dinner with anyone on this board!!  ;D

ali

josh's 6'3" i think... pfft! my brother's girlfriend is taller than that!  :)

dragonboy

Really? Only 6'3"? I'm 6'1" - maybe I was still growing then? Either that I was so starstruck he seemed taller  ;)

ali

that's what i've read.. it was either 6'3" or 6'4". maybe he looks more massive next to his little band mates!