If you could have dinner/drinks with any person.

Started by sweatboard, Mar 07, 2006, 02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

Quoteof course, if i was in the same country as you lovely people, i'd be up for dinner with anyone on this board!!  ;D

What if.

How nuts would that be if we got a huge banquet set up for all us reggulurs. That'd be awesome. And insane. Especially if Waxy's crew showed up.

Which makes me remember. I had a dream last night that the Jacket had a show and invited all of the people on the message board who play music to open for them. Like play a song or two and then let the other guys go. I woke up so excited and then realized it wasn't real.

I then fell back asleep and dreamed that I had a gig that i forgot about until the night of. Like a half hour before it started. Of course time is insane in dreams, so my girlfriend showed up with my guitar and of course a bottle of whiskey and a couple packs of cigarettes inside the guitar case. Which is ridiculous, because I don't drink (well, not like that) and I don't smoke like that either. But I was so overjoyed and grateful because she had brought that to me. That said, I'm never eating that much pie before bed again.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ali

dangerous stuff, pie  ;)

one day maybe we'll all be in the same spot... that would be pretty awesome!
love a song for the way it makes you feel

wellfleet

i wanna have dinner with carl cause he's SOOOOO dreamy. where are the pin-up posters of the band? marketing really needs to start exploiting these boys for their looks. where are the fashion spreads in italian vogue? the swimsuit calendars? the stickers, the pillowcases, the lunchboxes?

let's all get on board and demand some good old fashioned exploitation!  ;D
everything sucks. really.

ali

i'm withya on that one! my house could definately do with a life-size poster of the band on one wall...  ;D
love a song for the way it makes you feel

ratsprayer

should the person be living or dead?  we all seem to be stuck on musicans, and my mind isn't think any differently....

dead guy, id have to go with frank zappa.  the dude was fucking brilliant intellectually and musically.  

if we're talking someone living and breathing, i'd go with greg dulli.  he's one of my favourite musicans.  nowadays at least, he seems to enjoy life more than anyone, and i think he'd have great advice on sweating pure sex appeal when you're not the most attractive person.   i know he likes to party too, so i'm sure it wouldn't just be a few drinks....

MMJ_fanatic

I forgot to include Robert Plant and Jimmy Page on my list
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

sweatboard

QuoteI forgot to include Robert Plant and Jimmy Page on my list

That's a good one, but I wouldn't really be able to speak in the presence of those guys.  I'd just stand there and piss on myself.  I don't think they are actually humans anyway so they don't even qualify for this thread.  
There's Still Time.........

MMJ_fanatic

True there is that whole rumor of satanic contracts and all...
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

tomEisenbraun

i wrote a fake college essay for english class about this, and i picked Jimmy Page. i don't think i'd have much to say, just want him to give me guitar lessons, or something.

probably have a beer with him and ask about how they recorded all the albums. It would definitely be at Headley Grange, too, so he could give me a walkthrough of where they recorded all the different stuff.

When the Levee breaks at the bottom of the stairs and Black Mountain Woman out on the lawn.

("Should we get this airplane off?" "Nah, leave it...yeah")
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

FarmerYoda

Zappa or Dylan... he's so handsome.

...or vonnegut. that'd be interesting. definately interesting.

Easy Morning Rebel

Bruce Springsteen would be nice to have a dinner or a drink with. :)
Also a dinner and a drink with Jim James (of course!) and a party with Ryan Adams and Jesse Malin.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues