Main Menu

Vonage

Started by johnconaway, Mar 17, 2006, 08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

I've been using this for about a year, and it's awesome.  Call quality is good and I'm paying $25/month for unlimited long distance and a buttload of features.  Anyone else sticking it to the man by trying an alternate technology for phone calls??
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

marktwain

I'vebeen considering it.  'Cos I'm reaalyy fucking broke.  The Kentucky Revenue Service sent me an auditing letter yesterday :'(.

I've just got 'lite' DSL though*, d'ya think that'd be a problem?

*I hate that people fucking spell the word "light" l-i-t-e.

nah, it won't be any problem at all.  VoIP uses about 90k of bandwidth at it's maximum setting.

are you using bellsouth for that lite DSL?

marktwain

Nah.  Iglou, brother.

but you still have a bellsouth line for that, right?  are you using it for voice and dsl?

marktwain

Oh, yeah.  I am.

man, I switched to Insight and I've never been happier with both the internet and Vonage together on the same line.  blows away any DSL I've ever had, AND with internet, vonage, and basic cable, I'm paying about $80 for all three together.

I don't know how much you pay for that line through BS, but you might want to add it all up and see if it's less to go through cable.  I'm thinking it might be...

marktwain

mmmm.... cable.   I haven't had that in years.

I'm real poor too, but this is the best deal for all three.  Susan loves it because she can talk to her mom in PA as long as she wants, and I can surf the net in blazing fast time.

If you've got regular cable to the house, you can get Insightbb (internet).  My connection is ROCK solid and downloading at like 3500 kbps.  Not bad for a residential service.....