Mind of Mencia

Started by primushead, Mar 24, 2006, 11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

primushead

I forgot if there had already been a thread about this, but has anyone seen this show?  I've seen 2 or 3 episodes, and frankly, it sucks.  It's not funny at all, it's just a loud mexican guy screaming about stuff.  Booo.  

Hawkeye

I've seen a few video sketches that were kinda funny, but other than that I agree...his jokes are so lame and predictable...it's mostly just him up there talking about how politically incorrect he is... ???
We could.

wellfleet

my husband and i watch it whenever we get the chance. i love it that he makes fun of everyone and that all sacred cows are tipped... he exposes prejudices and forces people to confront them as a lark, but it works... it can be hit or miss, but on balance, i enjoy it.
everything sucks. really.

wellfleet

also, he's not mexican, which is the point that he's trying to get across. white people sometimes bunch all light brown people under "mexican" even though he could be from mexico, el salvador, honduras, puerto rico... like "chinese" is used to describe people with slanted eyes regardless of their actual country of origin... interesting...

primushead

Yeah, I heard his real name is Ned and he's actually Half-German and Half-Honduran.  Go figure :P  I'm glad that you enjoy it WF, it just doesn't do it for me. :-/

ratsprayer

forget chinese and mexican as catch all terms.  i just call everyone "fuckers"  or "assjackers"   ;D

wellfleet

hey, that's cool, i'm not trying to convert you to mencia. there are people who swear that Frasier was funny and i never got the joke.

rat... that's what i say, too. i'm just a universal hater...