Main Menu

Band Bio

Started by marktwain, Mar 29, 2004, 04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marktwain

I just checked the "Bio" section for the first time in quite a while, and I see it's been changed.  I was reading through it, but had to stop when I saw that Louisville is incorrectly identified as the capital of our fair commonwealth.   That should be Frankfort.

marktwain

Maybe I'm just being picky, but Kentucky is also not exactly a "cotton-rich clime."  I've never seen a cotton field in Kentucky; they're more prominent further south.  Kentucky is better known for its tobacco, corn, soybeans, marijuana, bourbon, thoroughbred horses, and coal.

CC

hey mark,
good call.
the guy that wrote the bio is actually from London and let the romantic side of describing the band overcome his base knowledge of the region.
a little change has been made. thanks!!!

plank10

One thing that will definitely change is that My Morning Jacket won't be recording in the same farmhouse. Jim hasn't decided where to shift their studio to, but he says he's ready for a change. "I love that place, and it has lots of good memories, but it'll be good to find somewhere else. I'm excited." In other words, different environments get the blood flowing

Anyone else see that?

lfish

Well if jim's changing the studio's location, he definetely has to find a place which contains a lot of natural reverb.

For instance a studio with a very large toilet, an industrial warehouse with high ceilings, a cave somewhere in the middle of nowhere (with their long hair and a stick in hand, they will just look like real caveman  ;D  )
Or maybe just a plain studio with artificial reverb. Or maybe just my hometown here in Belgium   ;D

Any other ideas for a new location for the guy's studio?
lfish

Oz

There were two things that I found remarkable about that bio: First, Danny Cash is called a "founding member", wich is, to my knowledge, not true, and the fact that Bo en Carl are alledged to not belong to the 'core'members, but they just joined for the tour. We kinda figured that already here on the board, but I believe this is the first time that's been said officially. Well, we'll see what the future brings...

Oh, and I just thought of another thing: Tommy's fabulous battle-plan is gone! Can't you post that in a topic on the forum, Riny, just for old time's sake? I always loved that one..  :)
I'm ready when you are

CC

Oh, and I just thought of another thing: Tommy's fabulous battle-plan is gone!

no it's not ;)

peanut butter puddin surprise

Nice!  I love that!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Oz

no it's not ;)

Ah, there it is! Nicely hidden.  ;D
I'm ready when you are