It's Grass Cutting Time in Tennessee!

Started by ycartrob, Apr 12, 2006, 10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

Can anyone relate? Only 6 more months till I don't have to cut the grass anymore. I actually enjoy it; load up the i-pod, depart from the planet...peaceful.

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ycartrob

Quotewhat kinda music ya departin with?

depends....usually some hard driving stuff. Got to hear it over the yelling of the Briggs and Stratton.

wellfleet

my parents' number one reason for buying a condo instead of a house was no snow removal/grass mowing hassles...

the smell of fresh-cut grass makes me sick to my belly
everything sucks. really.

TEO

ah-the sound, the smell, and all the Beer that goes along with it!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

peanut butter puddin surprise

I don't enjoy cutting the lawn anymore, but I pine for the smell of the 2 cycle motor and cut grass....endless fields of early morning dew laden grass being cut.  up north, it stays pretty cool in the mornings until at least the end of May, so cutting the grass at 8 a.m. it's like in the high 40's.  

give me a cool, dew laden morning, a lawnmower, some tunes, some buds, and a big ass field of grass to cut.  throw in some mountainous scenery, and I'm in heaven....
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

wellfleet

JC... you're such a romantic. you make it sound like a weekend in paris! do you get this excited about doing windows? toilets? ironing?

the other day our garbage disposal backed up and when my husband came home i was under the sink taking apart all the pipes and digging potato peel out (yummy!) and i looked at my beloved and was like, uh, are you just gonna stare at me and he said he wanted no part of plumbing... it was funny. i felt like a domestic xena warrior princess. but i got a lot of practice being new at a coffee shop and getting the "rookie unclogs the toilet" treatment...
anyway, i hate housework!

ratsprayer

i think potato peels are on the 'do not put in the disposal' list.

also, coffeee grounds aren't a good idea.

:-/

wellfleet

baby, i totally know that now! now being the operative word. i've never had a garbage disposal before. but naturally, after being elbow-deep in crap, my husband in all his wisdom says, you know, peels are too slippery, you shouldn't put those in there. i didn't know...
i know about coffee grounds, the store's plumber made that very clear to all employees from the get.
anything else i can't toss in there? i would rather not learn as i go...  :-X

ycartrob

Quotebaby, i totally know that now! now being the operative word. i've never had a garbage disposal before. but naturally, after being elbow-deep in crap, my husband in all his wisdom says, you know, peels are too slippery, you shouldn't put those in there. i didn't know...
i know about coffee grounds, the store's plumber made that very clear to all employees from the get.
anything else i can't toss in there? i would rather not learn as i go...  :-X

cooked rice, not a good idea. Also, not sure if you know what grits are, but if you're in Arkansas, chances are you'll run into them eventually and they're not good for the dispoal either.

wellfleet

i'm not sure what grits are either, i've only ever seen grits in the movies. my husband says he hates grits, so i don't think that'll be a problem.
also, while i may reside in arkansas, i don't partake in, shall we say, local cuisine...  :-/

wellfleet

which reminds me that i disposal-ed the rest of the gumbo i made... so much for no rice. seems to be ok though... oy vey

ratsprayer

all pasta is pretty much a bad idea.  

in other news, pouring baking soda down the disposal whilst running will help take care of foul odors.   :)

Jon T.

Wellfllet, you should try grits.  They are good.  Especially with a little cheese and some salt along side some fried mullet. fried mullet anyone??

But I've never heard no coffee in the disposal.  Why is this??

QuoteJC... you're such a romantic. you make it sound like a weekend in paris! do you get this excited about doing windows? toilets? ironing?

:)

as a recovering OCD maniac, all housework feeds my mania.  i can't stand clutter...or "kipple" as Phillip Dick called it.  yet-my house and my office are filled to the rafters with stuff.  go figure.

as for garbage disposals,

"i prepared this whole meal in the shower"

primushead

"You made this?"

"Yeah...I prepared it while I bathed"

"Agh!  Germs!"

totally hilarious internetting....i was looking for a pic of David Puddy with his germ necklace...and THIS is what came up instead.

hmmmmmm