Main Menu

grrrrrrr

Started by ali, May 14, 2006, 05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ali

i went to see a great local band, augie march, friday night with some friends... had a great time, the band was in fantastic form (glen the singer only stopped playing to complain twice... very unusual :) )... but i unfortunately had my evening completely ruined by some *#&$*&#$ on the staff STEALING my IPOD from my BAG which was in the CLOAKROOM (staff-only access in a room behind the bar). which i had PAID for them to put in the cloakroom as well!!! they also stole my dodgy white headphones, so now some stealing little piece of pond slime is out there enjoying my nice large mmj collection.....

talk about gutted... >:(
love a song for the way it makes you feel

FarmerYoda

bastards! that's terrible

MMJ_fanatic

don't suppose you reported this to the club management?
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

ali

i didn't get hold of the manager at the time - i asked bar staff to look for it, which they did (very briefly), and then pretty much went into shock... literally. my hands were shaking so badly, i couldn't talk - just stood there not knowing what the hell to do!! then had a little public cry...

i left my mobile no with the staff, they gave me the main number (don't know why they bothered, as there's noone at the venue unless there's a gig on, so they knew that would get me nowhere....). went down there saturday night (another augie gig on) and asked the manager on duty, who knew absolutely nada about it. she was going to check & ask the staff etc after the gig & call me but absolutely nothing's happened....

that's what's crapping me off most about this - they're doing bugger-all to help

Dee.

Ugh, that is awful.  The venue probably doesn't take any responsibility for 'lost' items, do they?

dragonboy

That's a SOB Ali!  >:(
Keep pushing the venue, if it was in a staff only cloakroom then surely they must be held responsible?
Hope it turns up...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

TEO

You have every right to be infuriated! It's not only the cost of the ipod, but all the time you spent loading it, editing playlists etc. That really SUCKS!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

wellfleet

ALI!!!
((((((trans-pacific hugs))))))
that's so horrible... i've had my cell phone (at the time it was like my right hand) stolen from my purse at a club and felt like i was going to die. you must feel completely violated...
some things to think about:
1. if you bought the ipod recently with a credit card, it may be covered by the 90 day warranty that comes with most major cards. i don't know if that applied down under, but worth a look.
2. report it to the police. if there is a history of disappearing items at this venue's coat check, there may be some kind of trail.
3. put up a reward poster so maybe someone will feel like giving up the pond scum

and also...

after my sweet darling got his truck broken into and 50 cds stolen, we agreed that anyone who steals someone's music is going straight to hell to burn in infinite fire.

i'm sorry you were let down...  :-/
everything sucks. really.

peanut butter puddin surprise

write to the local paper's editor and shame the venue and their staff publicly for such a brazen act of thievery.  the entire reading public will know the venue and their staff are thieves, thereby warning future victims to not take their stuff with them to that venue.

now, I gotta wag my finger at ya a bit:  why, in the name of all that's good and holy, would you take that to a gig?  that's just asking to be stolen...not to sound like your mother or anything, but for years, I've seen women's purses get stolen at shows and I wonder...what the hell are you doing with a purse at a gig anyways?  

I'm not nagging, and I totally agree that it sucks your shit was stolen.  (sending bad vibes to the thief)...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

people who steal bikes and people who steal music are totally going to hell.  wellfleet is right.

i'm sorry ali.  :(  there are so many things about that kind of thing that make you feel shitty.  you've had a few rough spots lately, hey?

wellfleet

JC... girls have a lot of shit to carry, we need our purses. i say this as a recent purse convert... i used to get my darling to carry all my stuff in his pockets, which apparently is not fun for guys...
we have keys, wallet, tampons, date book, lip balm, mascara, breath mints, sewing kit, extra panties, a canoe... we NEED a purse...

plus, i would say that ali probably had a long bus/subway commute to and from the venue so she needed her ipod for companionship on public transport.

EC... i worked in an office that had a sandwich guy. he would haul his cooler with a bike. one day his bike was stolen in the 10 minutes he was in our building from right out front, lock and all. it was winter, obviously montreal so freezing, and the guy was stuck with a giant cooler, no transportation, and no way to make his deliveries... bike theft is a problem in mtl. it especially sucks for people who really, truly depend on their bikes. DOH!
everything sucks. really.

ali

thanks for the support guys  :)

still no joy from the venue - they haven't returned my calls...

Quotewhat the hell are you doing with a purse at a gig anyways?

well, i DO have a lot of shit to carry around (no canoe this time unfortunately, but there's usually the usual shit plus umbrella, gloves, various pens, my little sketch book.... about a million scraps of paper...) i actually tipped it out on the floor of the bar, just to be sure my ipod wasn't there, and was mildly embarrassed (even while when having a stress/panic attack, i apparently can still be embarrassed) about the amount of crap i carry around...

i usually take my bag to gigs - i have asthma, so have to cart my medication around... i just don't usually bother with cloakrooms! the gig wasn't a dance-y sort of gig, so i should have kept my bag with me...

and OOOOH yes. the stealing little shits are ALL going to hell...bastards. i'm going OS in 3 weeks so i can't afford to replace it, and its about 18 mths old, so its not covered by the warantee - i was starting to compile my "travel playlist" too   :'(

on a slight upside - during the break between bands, they played mageetah over the PA....

ali

.... so, just to reprise the whole ipod debacle - no joy from the venue, although i'm continuing to bug them (evasive bastards)

cos i'm heading off on wednesday, i succumbed & bought myself a new ipod (dubbed mark II)... newly christened with my entire MMJ collection!

anyone have a new 30GB ipod? i'm having a few probs getting the artwork to come up on screen...?

tomEisenbraun

hmmm...that happened to my friend with the artwork. it just somehow lost it. you'll have to just plug 'er in, figure out which albums lost the artwork and delete those off the ipod and just drag em back on. it's a little time consuming, but whatever. if you've got all the music thats on your iPod on your computer, then i would suggest just deleting everything fromt he iPod and turning on auto-update, so it'll just put everything back on there without you having to sit there and monitor it. that'll take about an hour or so for it to transfer it, but you'll have all the artwork back, and it probably won't happen for quite some time  again, if at all.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

tomEisenbraun

and just for the hell of it, those of you with iTunes, how many megabytes or gigabytes of mmj do you have?

mine's lookin like 3.23 GB. out of that, 2.13 GB is live bootlegs.

ali

thanks tom,  gave it a try with Z but it still doesn't seem to work... i'm not really that fussed at the moment, so long as the music's on there i can deal with the artwork later. it's good to know i'm not the only (and not the worst) music obsessive in my family - i was showing my brother mark II and he whips out the 60GB ipod he's just bought. with all album artwork scanned in by hand (i was just getting them off the net) and retouched in photoshop to remove imperfections and correct colour variations... and all tunes imported at higher than cd quality level... yeesh. at least he bought the black one too

;)

i've got 349 MB of mmj - i only have one or two live tracks plus all the albums... that's still nearly 7 hours of listening pleasure!

tomEisenbraun

hmmm...make sure the artwork is still on your computer, too. you may need to just run an update check and see if there's any for your iPod, too. because they'll have bug updates and whatnot.

and as for your seven hours, i have 43 hours and nineteen minutes. booyakasha. this is the most worthless male competitiveness i've ever exhibited. i kind of apologize, but at the same time wanna know if anybody's got me bit. cuz i do brag about my dorky 3 gigs quite a bit.

ali

ok i think you proved you're more of a mmj nerd than i am... mind you, if i could i'd have my mmj collection as big! and 3 gigs isn't that dorky, its still 3 more than me

so, mr 43 hours 19 minutes, how big is your library? (hm, that sounds a little dodgy....)

doing a little last minute importing, but at the moment its about 20 GB

:)