"Rescue Me" TV show on FX

Started by wellfleet, Jun 14, 2006, 06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wellfleet

hey guys...  i wouldn't normally gush about a cable television show, but "rescue me" really is that remarkable.

if you haven't heard of it, it's a Dennis Leary-produced show (he also stars) about a NYC firehouse post 9/11.

the cast is fantastic and their chemistry is palpable on screen. the writing is sharp, and the relationships between the men are realistic. i find that too often, male characters are kind of castrated for television. on "rescue me", the men are men, with all that entails.

seriously, my husband and i find ourselves talking about the characters as if they were our family. 9/11 and its effects on firefighters figures prominently, but there are many other themes that anyone can relate to. it's one of the greatest shows i have ever seen. it's on FX on tuesdays at 9 and 10 Central time.

seasons 1 and 2 are available on DVD and i would recommend them to anyone. it's funny and sad and bittersweet and scary and uplifting and depressing...

ok, thanks
everything sucks. really.

primushead

I agree.  A very well done show, and one of the only FX original's that I keep up with.  

Can't wait for the new season!

Jaimoe

I was given Season I on DVD and have watched the first two episodes. I'm hooked. I welcome this program into my small circle of great shows like Battlestar Galactica, Extras, Lost, Deadwood, Prison Break and the new Doctor Who. Yep, I like cult shows.

ratsprayer

ive not seen it, mainly because i dont have cable.  i do like dennis leary quite a lot, and i know hes used twilight singers' songs quite a lot on the show, and thats a good thing.