Main Menu

NBA fans

Started by Jaimoe, Jun 28, 2006, 06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iLikeBeer

I totally know the EPL is about as bad as it gets when it comes to the haves and have nots.  I guess I just enjoy watching quality football which is why I'm a fan of the Red Devils.  It's no secret that the teams with the most money are the teams at the top of the table.  There's no arguing that fact.  But at least in England, with the FA and League Cups, there's always a chance for David to come through and beat Goliath just like we saw last weekend in the Carling Cup final when 2nd Division Cardiff City went toe to toe with EPL giants Liverpool at Wembley and nearly pulled off the huge upset.  That's good stuff there.

And I am definitely enjoying Michigan's rise back to relevance in hoops!  Thanks for noticing.   8)  The sanctions that came from the whole Chris Webber fiasco really set Michigan back more than I ever thought it would so it's nice to see them finally digging out of the ashes of the burning building left from the Fab5.  And don't thing the Wolverines are going away either as they have a bumper crop of their own coming in next year.  :thumbsup:  Beilein's got Michigan headed in the right direction.   :beer:

I will say, it's great to see how competitive the B1G is becoming.  I'd say the B1G is right there with any conference in the country from top to bottom this year!

Ruckus

NBA fans talk Big 10 and EPL ;D
Happy for you Wolverines...pffft 

The Bruce Webber era finally came to an end.  We'll miss him but the move needed to happen.  A great man who finally started to recruit well with the help of assistants tied to Chicago.  Unfortunately his motion offense didn't work as well without Deron Williams.  Two solid classes lined up.  We need a new coach that can get this thing kickstarted.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 11, 2012, 12:32 PM
NBA fans talk Big 10 and EPL ;D
Happy for you Wolverines...pffft 

The Bruce Webber era finally came to an end.  We'll miss him but the move needed to happen.  A great man who finally started to recruit well with the help of assistants tied to Chicago.  Unfortunately his motion offense didn't work as well without Deron Williams.  Two solid classes lined up.  We need a new coach that can get this thing kickstarted.

Are there any rumored big name candidates?  I've heard Shaka Smart's name thrown about.  I actually saw him play hoops when he played for D3 Kenyon against the College of Wooster.  It'd be cool to see him coaching in the B1G!