R.I.P. Hobo

Started by johnconaway, Jul 11, 2006, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Sadly, I had to put down my beloved Hobo yesterday.  He was 17 years old, and the most awesome cat anyone could ever want.  He will be greatly missed by his family.

Poor thing had cancer and was in pain, so I had to do it.

Funny story-we found him in a parking lot all those years ago, and he's lived in every apartment, every house, everywhere we've ever lived.  He'd seen four presidential elections.  When Amelia came home from daycare yesterday, she went over to the couch he'd been resting on for days on end and looked for him.  She went all over the house, looking for him under furniture and whatnot.  If it weren't so sad it would be cute.

Anyhoo, we've been a mess since last week when we found out about his cancer.  It's like a person passed-a piece of me is missing.  I'll post photos of him later.

:'(
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

whoops, this should've been in off topic ramblings.

EC

Oh John, I'm so sorry to hear that. :(  Was this the little dude who went missing?

Hope you're okay...

BH

OK, I could handle it until you told the part about your daughter and now I've lost it. :'(  I don't even want to think about losing my dog and how it will effect my girls.  Hang in there.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

CC

sorry to hear john. poor hobo  :(

fitzcarraldo

Sorry to hear about your beloved cat John.  

vielfras

Sorry to hear about your cat.  I had to put my dog "Ewok" down at the end of April.  He also had cancer, but was only 2 1/2.  After 17 it has to really hurt man.

Anyone who says its just a cat or just a dog doesn't deserve them.

:'(
When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.

SMc55

Really sad news John. Sorry to hear it.

QuoteOh John, I'm so sorry to hear that. :(  Was this the little dude who went missing?

Hope you're okay...

yup, the very same one that went missing for a whole week last year...we're hangin' in there.  i left my pics of him at home, so i'll have to scan them in tomorrow for your viewing pleasure.  he was a good friend.

MMJ_fanatic

loss of a pet is as emotional as loss of any family member.  I worry about my senior dog all the time now that he's 11...I feel your pain Mr Conaway--my condolences
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

primushead

That sucks John.

I had to do the same thing with our family dog a few years back.

Her name was 'Lucky' and she too had cancer.

It definitely sucked, but she had a great run.

My advice...wait a month and get a brand new kitty cat.  It'll ease the pain.

jrat

my cats 17 aswell, and most likely on his way out too. having put down my dog just over 1 month ago, i know how it feels. i was devastated and im sure you are too. my sincerest sympothies.
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd

dragonboy

Sorry to hear about your cat John, hope you're doing OK...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Dee.

Really sorry to hear this.  May Hobo rest in peace.

tomEisenbraun

probably the only thing worse than having to put down a pet, is having one stolen, finding the person who did the stealing, and having them lie to you bald-faced three or four times. then finally tell you the truth and refuse to involve the people she gave the cat away to, because they've become "so attached". one week, vs a year. kinda sucked. especially since he was th best cat i've ever had.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

thanks for all the love, y'all!  

EC

oh that's lovely.  what a little dude.  :)

ali

poor little hobo! john, he looks like a lovely cat... my lucy is 18 now, and sometimes not doing so well. i thought we were going to lose her at easter (she's got diabetes, and probably dimentia as well poor little babe)

we had to put our other cat down a few years ago, she was quite old too and it was heartbreaking...  :'(
love a song for the way it makes you feel