Boston Practice & Everybody Hates Chris?

Started by dragonboy, Aug 14, 2006, 10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Another TV question for anyone who's watched either of these shows.

I buy a lot of my DVDs from the States not having seen the movie/show first.
Sometimes it works out (Arrested Development - hilarious!) sometimes it doesn't (American Dad - I LOVE Family Guy but American Dad was just NOT funny)

I've heard great things about both of these shows, can anyone confirm this? Either of them worth buying?
Thanks in advance  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ali

i wouldn't recommend everybody hates chris, but i find chris rock a bit irritating, and i didn't think the show was that funny....

is boston practice the same as boston legal? (spin-off of the practice?) - if so, i really liked this program, mostly because of james spader's character...

on other tv things - ricky gervais' new program is starting here this week, so looking forward to checking that out.

kind of getting into watching lost (even though we just finished series 2, so bit late on the uptake) and grey's anatomy. if scrubs wasn't on so late (11pm) i would watch that more too
love a song for the way it makes you feel

dragonboy

Cheers Ali,
I didn't think I liked Chris Rock until I found a couple of clips from his show on youtube, which really made me laugh. I actually found the pilot episode of Everybody Hates Chris there too after I posted.

I think Boston Practice is the same show, James Spader & James T Kirk is the one I'm talking about...

What's the new Ricky Gervais show? Is it Extras? I have that on DVD, it's good but not as good as The Office. Still, it'll be hard for him to ever top The Office.

I've been watching lots of Cracker & Darling Buds Of May, both of which I bought on DVD recently.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ali

gotta love cracker! robbie coltrane is a great actor... i love pretty much anything jimmy mcgovern has had a hand in

dragonboy

Quote... i love pretty much anything jimmy mcgovern has had a hand in
How cool are you? I bought Dockers & The Lakes on DVD just recently because I loved Jimmy McGovern's work on Cracker.

ali

why thankyou!! i think someone at our main national tv station (abc, bit like the bbc. actually i think they are probably bbc-wannabees) really likes jimmy & similar programs... the lakes was great. i don't think i've seen dockers, but it does take a while for things to filter through to down here, so give it time!

BH

big fan of extras

the ben stiller episode was a classic
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.