The Top 40 Music Moments In Film History

Started by dragonboy, Oct 10, 2006, 12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

http://www.bullz-eye.com/movies/features/2006/movie_tunes.htm

This is actually a pretty good list.
Sweet Emotion from Dazed & Confused, Lust For Life from Trainspotting, Layla from Goodfellas,
The End from Apocalypse Now, Tiny Dancer from Almost Famous & In Your Eyes from Say Anything are some of my favs.

Anything missing (Where To Begin from Elizabethtown)?
What are your favs?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ManNamedTruth

Great list. There is some stuff missing. How about The Man In Me from The Big Lebowski, perfect song to begin that movie. Several good soundtrack moments in Forest Gump. My friend who's into horror movies would say Devil's Rejects with Freebird would be one.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

red

I could only think of a few tonight.  Hurricane from Dazed and Confused and Miss Misery from Good Will Hunting.

tomEisenbraun

I'm in total agreeance about "The Man In Me".

and "The End" from Apocalypse Now really is perfect.

hummmm.

perhaps Beck's "Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometimes" from Eternal Sunshine?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Angry Ewok

That list had some weak shit scored pretty high in the list... I hate when people make lists like this and somehow overlook the awesomeshit that is FIRST to pop into my mind.

Dr. Strangelove... Vera Lynn's 'We'll Meet Again!'
Forrest Gump... The entire fucking soundtrack!
The Labyrinth... David Bowie + puppets? No brainer.
Kill Bill... Ennio Morricone's work is stunning as always.
Mrs. Doubtfire... 'Dude Looks Like A Lady!' by Aerosmith!

But yeah, ' 'The End' from Apocalypse Now should be at the top of that list, without question.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

dragonboy

Man In Me & Just Checked In... from The Big L should both be on the list, good call  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

tomEisenbraun

to see-eeee what condition my condition is in...

BH

Little Green Bag - George Baker Selection - Resevoir Dogs

A Quick One - The Who - Rushmore

Free Falling - Tom Petty - Jerry Mcguire (Kind of cheesy but who didn't feel good at this moment the first time you watched this movie, huh?)

Sex is Violent/Ted Just admit it - Jane's Addiction - Natural Born Killers  (I could have named any song form this movie.  Greatest soundtrack ever!)  The Cowboy Junkies version of Sweet Jane!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Jaimoe

Kind of a boring and unimaginative list. Where's the Quadrophenia clip of the mod party singing Louie Louie or the one of the best movie/music moments: David Hemmings in Blow Up (1966)  watching The Yardbirds do "Train Kept A-Rollin/Stroll On". Jimmy Page on rhythm and Jeff Beck on lead, then he smashes his guitar while the crowd watches transfixed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmfV_9glAoA

ratsprayer

i hardly watch movies and have never seen most 'must sees' but i really like Elliott Smith's 'Needle in the Hay' during the Royal Tennenbaums.

dragonboy

QuoteLittle Green Bag - George Baker Selection - Resevoir Dogs
Yes indeed!

Queen Bitch from Life Aquatic.

Ghosts_on_TV

Sigur Ros~Nojsnavlin from Vanilla Sky

Simonand Garfunkel~The only living boy in New York from Garden State
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

red

How did Knockin' on Heaven's Door from Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid not make that list?

Chills

Ok, they did mention In-A-Gadda Da Vida in Manhunter.
Brilliant scene in an amazing movie. Anyone else seen it?

ycartrob

From Wonder Boys

Neil Young's Old Man and Bob Dylan Not Dark Yet

And ALL the music from Bottlerocket

This is a tough call though b/c you get into the realm of music stirring up individual emotions for reasons entirely seperate from the movie. It's like Resevoir Dogs and Stuck in the Middle With you. I bet you could play that song in any movie, at some point, and it will affect people b/c it's a cool ass song. My brother is a videographer and he is always dissing on Tarantino b/c he feels using famous music (and really good music) is not really filmamking, rather than using someone else's art to further your own....

I see both sides (but hey, I'm brilliant).

tomEisenbraun

Is this the same guy who feels that the Jacket is not good music because they don't play jazz?

ycartrob

QuoteIs this the same guy who feels that the Jacket is not good music because they don't play jazz?

no, that's my brother in law.