MLB Playoffs.

Started by red, Oct 01, 2006, 09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vielfras

QuoteAm I alone in rooting for the tigers here? Pittsburgh sports fan here rooting for the former Pirate manager Jimmy Leyland. Also was the last manager to have a winning record here.

No you are certainly not alone.  I have been a life long Tiger fan, though I am not into them as much as when I was a kid.  Its unbeleivable with them going from sucking ass to world series in one year.  We need this one with the Lions still embarassing our state with Matt Millen's sorry excuse for football.

Yeah Leyland is the real deal, though I would have loved to see them get there with Trammell.  Trammell, Whitaker, and Gibson were my heroes in my little league days.
When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.

sweatboard

QuoteAm I alone in rooting for the tigers here? Pittsburgh sports fan here rooting for the former Pirate manager Jimmy Leyland. Also was the last manager to have a winning record here.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE.........

There's Still Time.........

BH

[glb][size=20]8 DOWN 3 TO GO![/size][/glb]

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Jellyfish

I think the Tigers had too much time off before the WS.It may take them a game or 2 to get rolling but I think they will win it eventually.

American League rules.  ;)
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

BH

I can't respect a league that doesn't let the pitchers hit.

But since they don't hit, wouldn't it be really strange if one of them had pine tar on their hand?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Jellyfish

QuoteI can't respect a league that doesn't let the pitchers hit.

But since they don't hit, wouldn't it be really strange if one of them had pine tar on their hand?

I can't respect a league where they waste an at bat on a pitcher that can't hit.Not to mention the fact that you risk the health of your star pitcher by either getting hit by a pitch or trip running the bases.The pitcher has enough on his shoulders as it is,let him concentrate on winning the game.The "W" or "L" goes beside the pitchers name as well as the teams name in the box score.

American Leaugue is much more exciting to watch because of the designated hitter too,IMO.

I don't know what that was on Kenny Rogers hand last night but it didn't look like dirt,it looked like either Tobacco juice or pine tar.If he was using illegal substances to give him an edge then he should have been ejected.But remember,dirt is not an illegal substance.And Tony La Russa didn't seem to have a problem with it...which is strange,unless he is gonna use it in game 6(when Rogers starts again)to mess with him before the game.

Funny if it was pine tar,after he washed his hands he pitched very well,so it may not have been helping him at all.

Go Tigers! AL Central rules.

BH

It's the age old argument and I won't try to sway you, but if you experienced the gamesmenship of pinch hitting and all of the additional "chess" moves you might understand.

I have decided I just don't want the Pine Tar incident to overshadow a good series.  Especially one, that the REDBIRDS are going to win. ;)

sweatboard

I decided that Kenny Rogers is a jackass!!!!  I can't wait to see some clever signs tonight in the S.T.L.  
There's Still Time.........

BH

[glb][size=20]9 DOWN 2 TO GO![/size][/glb]

BH

[glb][size=20]10 DOWN 1 TO GO![/size][/glb]

i think i'm still drunk.  uhhgg.

Jellyfish

Congrats to yer Redbirds,Bermuda. ;)

BH

[glb][size=20]2006 WORLD CHAMPIONS![/size][/glb]

(thanks jellyfish, i have been celebrating for 24 hours.  this is big around here.) ;D