FarmerYoda

FUCK OHIO STATE!!!  >:(

go blue :(

primushead

Judgement day...

I'm pulling for the underdog, though.  
Go Michigan.

BH

I'm going for Michigan just so we don't get a rematch of this same game.  I hoping for a Michigan vs Rutgers David and Goliath national championship game.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

aMD

You all know where I stand.  Ohio Sate.  Go Buckeyes.

and Bermuda, you got it backwards, if OSU loses we're more likely to see a rematch for the national championship.  I think it'll probably be a rematch either way though.  Look at the BCS standings, ohio state and michigan are so far away from the rest, one loss to either the number one or two team in the nation is not going to drop either team far enough to give anyone else a chance.  I'm not saying that's the way it should be but that's most likely the way it will be.

BH

They way I look at it is, if Ohio State who are seven point favorites lose on their own field then they don't deserve to be in the national championship game.  However, if Michigan loses a close game on the road to the #1 team in the country, then they still are a "better" one loss team than all of the other one loss teams and they should still play (against Ohio State) in the nat. championship game.  Unless of course Rutgers wins out, and then they deserve a chance at OSU.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

aMD

yeah, but it the BCS.  I'm pretty sure home field and point spread are not involved.  I know that OSU with one loss is still going to be rated higher than Michigan with one loss.  I get your point but I think OSU deserves to be in the national championship for what they have already done this year.  No one has even given them a game yet.  If Michigan somehow beats them they have earn the chance to a rematch on a neutral site.  Of course I'm bias but I'm pretty sure the stats back me up on this.

BH

How would you "earn" the chance for a rematch if you lose at home?

If you lost in Michigan I would understand.  

And homefield and pointspread are involved only because the BCS takes into account the polls more than it ever has, so the coaches and writers will end up make the decision indirectly.  

Don't worry, if your Buckeyes take care of there business at home, than they deserve to be in the game.  If they don't, they don't.  I wish my team was in that position! :)

aMD

who would earn it more? texas, who ohio state beat. florida, who's probably going to drop another game before they get there anyway. Or USC who lost to Oregan State at home?  Tell me a team that could make a better case for earning it.  maybe rutgers or boise state if they remain undefeated but you tell me that belong on the same field as OSU or Michigan.

BH

I don't think Rutgers or Boise State are in the same league but there is only one way to find out.   Rutgers is in the Big East and they have a decent schedule.  If Rutgers or Boise State can go undefeated and not ever get in the championship game than they shouldn't be a Division I team.  They play in the same division so they deserve the same chance as everybody else.

I am with you on Texas and USC.  But I think Florida if they win, will take OSU's spot, if OSU loses obviously.  Isn't this fun?

Virgil_Cain

Ohio State/ Michigan?

Pssshhhhhttt.  I'll be watching my Auburn Tigers take on bama.  

However, I will have another tv next to the Iron Bowl to watch OSU/Meechegan.  I think whatever team loses doesn't deserve a rematch.  You either win this game, or you play in another BCS bowl.  I think they are the best two teams right now, but you're gonna have to win that game to make it I think.  Nobody outside of OSU and Mich fans want to see a rematch.  

I think what could happen is Arkansas wins out and beats Fla in the SEC champ game.  Cal beats USC.  USC beats ND and Ark gets the nod.  They are still underrated.  They get better and better every week.  Either way, I still think we need a playoff.  Top 8 teams or something like that.  

I say OSU - 20   Mich - 13
Well, that's just like, your opinion man.

brkndwnbus

as a month-away Penn State Alumni and 23 year long fan, I have a hard time picking here. I'll root for whoever wins in the BCS Champ, just so a Big Ten team wins.....but for today's game, I don't care who wins, but I predict:

Michigan 23
OSU 19

And as long as Notre Dame doesn't get into the title game I'll be happy. If somehow ND is in, I will NOT watch. I really would rather see Rutgers get a chance or Arkansas at the Championship

sweatboard

Cat Power and M. Ward were both on commercials during this game.
There's Still Time.........

ratsprayer

i don't even follow college football at all, but fuck you michigan.  i carry a buckeye in my pocket at all time, so i guess that kinda sorta makes me an ohio state fan.

ratsprayer

QuoteOK, lets hear it.

I'll be rooting for Michigan, but my prediction goes:

Ohio State-42
Michigan-39

whatever, fuckface.  

:-/

aMD

gloat!
gloat!
gloat!
I told you so!
I told you so!
I told you so!
My team's better than yours! ha ha!

Go OSU!!!
Bring on Rutgers!

EDIT: Let's try: Bring on Boise State!

ycartrob

I am so tired of the talking heads of ESPN talking about IF Ohio St played Florida or IF Michigan played Arkansas or IF USC was in the SEC.....

Enough already!  Get a fucking playoff going and settle it on the field! Tired of this bullshit.

Bring on March Madness!!!!

FarmerYoda

evilPaauwe

QuoteFUCK OHIO STATE :(

dido.
cheers.

ycartrob