Kramer's Racist Tirade.

Started by red, Nov 20, 2006, 08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

dragonboy

Yeah I saw this today too  :-/
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

SiOuxTribe

Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

Angry Ewok

Somebody has a case of the Mondaayyysss!
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

primushead

Wow.

As one of the Seinfeld shows biggest fans, I'm pretty shocked.

That's some old fashioned angry racism right there!

I just saw his apology on Letterman a minute ago.  He seemed very sincere about hating what he said, and was very apologetic.  Jerry Seinfeld even had his back.  

Shit happens, I guess.  But maybe in the future, Mr. Richards should refrain from saying "N**ger".  That would probably help. :-/

ManNamedTruth

That sucks cause I like Seinfeld. I'll never be able to watch that show and not think of that.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

dragonboy

QuoteI just saw his apology on Letterman a minute ago.  He seemed very sincere about hating what he said, and was very apologetic.  Jerry Seinfeld even had his back.  

Shit happens, I guess.  But maybe in the future, Mr. Richards should refrain from saying "N**ger".  That would probably help. :-/
Of course Jerry's got his back. Something like this could seriously damage the sales of the new box set released a week or so ago.
I was watching the clip again, it would seem that maybe the people he directed his comments towards had been talking through his set?
Anyway, that's no excuse.
I've got the latest box set in the post right now but like True said, i won't be able to watch it without thinking of that clip...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

TEO

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Jaimoe

Quoteblow?

No way. If Cosmo was gooned on some sort of substance, he'd use that as his first excuse ala Mel Gibson and countless other closeted bigots.

ycartrob

I saw his apology too. He said he wasn't a racist, however, he was trying to empower himself (win the battle of words) by calling a black man a nigger. I think right from the dictionary, that's what racists do; use felt superiority of one's own race to marginalize those of other races. Is he a racist? I don't know.

He was speaking from way, way down in the gut, too. He was in a rage. I know that often people will misspeak when they speak in rage (ie, tell someone I hate you, when they really don't, they just want to hurt you). On the flip side, rage will bring out our deepest, darkest fears and "secret feelings". It's hard to tell, but his apology on Letterman was really awkward and some of the audience was laughing (perhaps nervously, perhaps unknowing and thinking at was a joke). Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNNiMOGKThg

Odd time

megisnotreal

damn.

that's all I have to say.

EAZYE

I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

dragonboy

Disgraced comedian Michael Richards is reaching out to America's civil rights leaders to help him move on from a racist rant scandal following a moment of madness in a Los Angeles club. The former Seinfeld star has hired top publicist Howard Rubinstein to help him approach cultural leaders and personally apologize for his angry remarks during an attack on two African-American hecklers at the Laugh Factory last week. Rubinstein, who was hired yesterday according to website Tmz.com, reveals his new client has already spoken to black leaders Rev. Jesse Jackson and Rev. Al Sharpton in an effort to make amends for his scandalous remarks. Rubinstein says, "He's appalled at what he did and wants to start the healing process. Whether it be an attack on any racial group... he acknowledges it's horrible and wrong and he will never do that again." Rubinstein says the calls were received "positively" but Sharpton has already rebuked the comedian publicly, stating he could not accept Richards' apology on The Late Show With David Letterman.

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-11-23/

Angry Ewok

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

LOL.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteJesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

LOL.

Yea we shoulda seen that one coming.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ycartrob

QuoteJesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

LOL.

I'm not sure if those 2 are drawn more to issues involving race or TV cameras.

primushead

I'm not sure if those 2 are drawn more to issues involving race or TV cameras.

They love attention...and I'm sure they're loving this whole thing.  

Warm up the talk show rounds... :P

dragonboy