My Disclaimer (re-visited or re-posted)

Started by ycartrob, Nov 30, 2006, 09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

Folks, I swear, I am just having fun here.  

I apologize if my sarcasm is interpreted as belittling.  

I am under the impression that we are all fans of the music here and I say the same things to people here (in arguments) that I would say to my closest friends. Intellectual jousting with insults (see The Dozens in hip hop culture) is how we see it. No ham.  

Perhaps I am taking too many liberties with my quick wit and my craftmanship of the English language.  

If I disagree with your point of view or opinion, I will disagree. I'll try not to get too personal (families, pets, hairstyles, etc...) however, if you leave yourself wide open to some good hearted ribbing, please accept it for what it is.  

Please, dish it back, but don't take it personally. Just having fun with my sarcastic wit; if you don't find it funny, then don't respond.  

But if you say "MMJ should do this...or shouldn't do that" or "so and so can't take criticism", then I have to respond....because it's  F U N  

Be careful out there...

Jaimoe

Sarcasm doesn't work well in print, especially on forums were the majority of the participants don't know each other.  

Angry Ewok

But seriously. Anyone who says anything remotely negative about MMJ is going to hell.

"Seriously."

:-*
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ycartrob

QuoteSarcasm doesn't work well in print, especially on forums were the majority of the participants don't know each other.  

are you trying to be funny?

FarmerYoda

QuoteFolks, I swear, I am just having fun here.  

I apologize if my sarcasm is interpreted as belittling.  

I am under the impression that we are all fans of the music here and I say the same things to people here (in arguments) that I would say to my closest friends. Intellectual jousting with insults (see The Dozens in hip hop culture) is how we see it. No harm.  

Perhaps I am taking too many liberties with my quick wit and my craftmanship of the English language.  

If I disagree with your point of view or opinion, I will disagree. I'll try not to get too personal (families, pets, hairstyles, etc...) however, if you leave yourself wide open to some good hearted ribbing, please accept it for what it is.  

Please, dish it back, but don't take it personally. Just having fun with my sarcastic wit; if you don't find it funny, then don't respond.  

But if you say "MMJ should do this...or shouldn't do that" or "so and so can't take criticism", then I have to respond....because it's  F U N  

Be careful out there...

I thought you said HAM.

DD

must you constantly make the baby jesus cry?
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

bug

Tracy, I'm glad you posted that because I haven't been here long enough to pick up on everyone's personalities.  I was beginning to think you were just a grumpy old man or something  ;)
Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ycartrob

QuoteTracy, I'm glad you posted that because I haven't been here long enough to pick up on everyone's personalities.  I was beginning to think you were just a grumpy old man or something  ;)

well, if you ask my wife...she might agree with you.

BH

Do we need to make sarcasm have it's own color?

That's a great idea!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ycartrob

QuoteDo we need to make sarcasm have it's own color?

That's a great idea!

Brilliant!

peanut butter puddin surprise

tracy, what is the avatar of yours, or should I be afraid to ask??
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ycartrob

Quotetracy, what is the avatar of yours, or should I be afraid to ask??

it's what you get when you Google ass clown

bug

haha!  I think you should have been afraid to ask John.  
Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

Kory

it's what you get when you Google ass clown

I like the smile now, I found it hard to stare at the hairless ass but hairy legs... just unnatural.

on another note... message boards are fun and comments need to be taken with a grain of salt. Difference of opinion is the thing that keeps this place active. If every thread was "Hey, tennessee fire is the best album" and no one had anything to say differently, there would be 12 responses that just said "yea", "yes", "ummm hmm",  not, "well, I like at dawn better"... for instance.

Did any of that make any sense?
Oh well...

I think conaway said, it's all good!
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

ycartrob

I like the smile now, I found it hard to stare at the hairless ass but hairy legs... just unnatural.

on another note... message boards are fun and comments need to be taken with a grain of salt. Difference of opinion is the thing that keeps this place active. If every thread was "Hey, tennessee fire is the best album" and no one had anything to say differently, there would be 12 responses that just said "yea", "yes", "ummm hmm",  not, "well, I like at dawn better"... for instance.

Did any of that make any sense?
Oh well...

I think conaway said, it's all good!

OK, well, but, Tennessee Fire isn't the best album..

megisnotreal

No. And I'm totally going to make you a medal for having such brilliantly sardonic wit.

EC

[size=8]i love tracy!![/size]he's old, but he's not grumpy. ;)

MMJ_fanatic

Tracy--you pulled back the curtain!  That's a no-no in Emerald City (plus it dilutes the effect of you're wit  ;)).
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

primushead

Tracy gave me fist love at the Tennessee show.

Not THAT kind of fist love, but the kind where the high five is replaced by the hitting of fists.  It was cool, especially since I hadn't done that in 2 years or so.