homosexuals/pedophiles/sports anthems

Started by ycartrob, Dec 09, 2006, 03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

Why is it that 2 of the most notable "sports anthems" come from gay men? (YCMA Village People and We Will Rock You Queen).

Plus, Rock n Roll by pedophile Gary Glitter.

Why do these songs really get the crowd going at sporting events?

MMJ_fanatic

The outrage pedophilia brings out in normal people
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Jaimoe

Well, with WMCA, a lot of the crowd were probably in their late teens and early 20's during the misguided disco era, so the  song has nostalgia for idiots with bad taste in music. And The Village People were embraced as gay icons, but they aren't/weren't all gay.

A lot of people love Queen and the anthems We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions is a no-brainer tie-in with sports.

Why should anyone care about songs sung by gay artists anyway (except Tracy, obviously)?

Garry Glitter's song should be banned from sporting events.

Jaimoe

Not to mention that the only gay member of Queen was the openly bisexual Freddy Mercury. And Queen are not a gay icon band.

megisnotreal

ycartrob

Why should anyone care about songs sung by gay artists anyway (except Tracy, obviously)?

Well, the irony can't be lost on you can it? Music by gay men is popular in an industry where none of the players, coaches, or owners are gay? (and we all know this isn't the case, just the image). I mean, the disdain and rejection of homosexuality among pro atheletes, unless it's their music or rallying cry, then it's acceptable (by someone else, of course). However, I have found there to be some pretty latent homoeroticism in pro sprts, especially the contact sports.

Rather odd.

ycartrob

QuoteNot to mention that the only gay member of Queen was the openly bisexual Freddy Mercury.  

Freddie was gay, not bi. There's that famous quote from 1974 where he proclaims, "I am as gay as a daffodil, my dear!"

sleezy_morning_reb

I'm ready for it now!

sweatboard

QuoteFreddy Mercury gave Easy E AIDS.

Easy E has aids???????  That sucks!
There's Still Time.........

Jaimoe

However, I have found there to be some pretty latent homoeroticism in pro sprts, especially the contact sports.

Rather odd.

Also,  go to a gym and watch muscle-heads work out together.

MMJ_fanatic

Garry Glitter's song should be banned from sporting events.

Definitely!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Angry Ewok

QuoteEasy E has aids???????  That sucks!

Boy, do I hate being the bearer of bad news... but, uh...

Eazy-E died of AIDs about twelve years ago.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

DD

[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

EAZYE

I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away