Justin Morneau American League MVP

Started by Jaimoe, Nov 21, 2006, 08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaimoe

As a Canadian I find this great news. Morneau deserved the award since he was the main offensive reason why the Twinkies made it to the post season. He had over 90 RBIs and 20 HRs since June - fantastic numbers in any year.

I don't think my country will ever see this again. Reigning MVPs are NHL - Joe Thornton, NBA - Steve Nash and MLB American League - Justin Morneau. Now, if only the Jays could win some day soon... or the Leafs (their last cup was in 1967).

aMD

To me he's not the best player on his team and the twinkies weren't all that good this year.  Johann Sebasian was the twins best player, imo.

on the topic of mlb honors my buddy from back home brandon webb won the nl cy young. pretty amazing. it is a deluded race for the nl cy coung this year, but still, that's really fucking cool for him.

Jaimoe

QuoteTo me he's not the best player on his team and the twinkies weren't all that good this year.  Johann Sebasian was the twins best player, imo.

on the topic of mlb honors my buddy from back home brandon webb won the nl cy young. pretty amazing. it is a deluded race for the nl cy coung this year, but still, that's really fucking cool for him.

Congrats to Webb! The Twins to a man repeatedly said that Morneau was THE MAN this year. Take his bat out of the line-up especially when they won the close games, and they wouldn't have made it. Still, the Yankees lost so all is right in the world.

Coltrane

two words about Morneau....

fucking bullshit.

discuss.
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

Jaimoe

Why? Jeter didn't have the numbers. Ortiz is still a DH and the Sox finished 3rd.

red

peanut butter puddin surprise

he came in 5th place in votes, but jermaine was the man this year.  fuck ortiz and jeter.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

BH

You want to talk about being robbed!  Pujols got robbed.  At least he can stare at his ring to make himself feel better.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Jellyfish

Despite getting swept in the 1st round of the playoffs my Twins are Central Division champs,Santana wins the Cy Young,and now Morneau gets the MVP.I can be very proud of these accomplishments.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Jellyfish

QuoteJohann Sebasian was the twins best player, imo.
You mean Santana right? ;)
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

aMD

you go me.  and puhlhos did get robbed and I am not a Cards fan in the least.

(I KNOW I misspelled his name but i don't really care)

.Walt

i'm bringing this one back. Lets go Twins!!!                Cy Young...check
                                                                   Batting Champ...check
                                                                   Gold Glove...check
                                                                   MVP....check

the central keeps getting tougher, but we should be alright. only if we had liriano this year. it would be over.

Much Greater Than Science Fiction