Turn Table recomendations???

Started by jeffro79, Mar 15, 2007, 10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffro79

Here in the past 4 or 5 months I've started to buy and listen to vinyl. I've built a nice little collection and have really really enjoyed seeking out records at flea markets and what not. Anyway I've been using probally a 20-25 yr old turntable I scored from a family memeber and am looking to upgrade to something new. Anyone have any suggestions?
p.s. I'm not looking to spend an arm and a leg :)
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

harristrensky

this is what I have and it works great:
//http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3307829

try to get an automatic one and make sure it has a pre-amp and is easy to hook up to a stereo, you need the stereo sound, its beautiful.

No matter how cool they look do not get one of the vintage looking ones.  The sound is crap and youre really only paying for the look.  Id go with my player, they dont get much cheaper than that. youll really enjoy your records on that, Im building my collection as well and constantly trying to catch up, i have about 40 new ones to get thru. I love it!
I was a big old bear once.

jeffro79

Good looking out. Looks like thats the one I'll probally go with. I've been browsing around the net tonight and thats the cheapest one I've seen. Thanks again.
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs