WRIGLEY FIELD

Started by BIGVICLBI, Mar 25, 2007, 04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGVICLBI

Going to see mets/cubs august 3rd. We are coming into Chicago for the weekend for a bachelor party. Any hints suggestions for where we want to sit(I'd like to sit in bleachers will it be nonstop harassment?), where to pregame, nightlife, etc.

Kel

If you are sitting in the bleachers, you will most likely get harassed :P  that's where a lot of the die hards sit.  not that the rest of the people there aren't die-hards, but that is where a lot of them like to sit.  one of my friends won't sit anywhere else.  "bleacher bums"

I do not live IN chicago, so I can't tell you all the hip places to go, but I do know that you should eat/drink at the Goose Island Brewery right in that area.  The last time I was there was 2 years ago though.  However, the food was great then and not all that pricey considering that you are in the city.  Are you staying in that area in a hotel?  I used to work downtown in the loop, so I could tell you a bunch of great places to go there.  

No matter what though, you'll have a blast.  Sometimes it's best to just wing it and go on your own little adventure.  Chicago is definitely a city that you can do that in and probably still have a great time.

A great bar that isn't far (about 1 mile) from Wrigley is called the Long Room: http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/localguide/neighborhoods/lakeview/40535,0,7002275.venue

If you're looking for an authentic, down and dirty chicago trip though, i can't really help.  sorry!!  you'll need people that live in the city to help you with that.