"Get to Know the Members" thread

Started by The_DARK, Feb 27, 2007, 07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratsprayer

No i meant sleeping with only one girl is rubbish, as in not very impressive, as in "you've only slept with one girl? That's rubbish, I've slept with at least 5!"

Isn't it about time we had a 'how many sexual partners have you had?' thread?  ;)

it's most definitely rubbish.  maybe i'll change all that when i visit japan...

know any good places to hang out, andrew?   ;)

dragonboy

QuoteC'mon, you're the Muscles From Brussels! You must have slept with a billion women!

I didn't say that. And actually I'm kinda scrawny.
What, you mean you're not really Jean Claude?!!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

No i meant sleeping with only one girl is rubbish, as in not very impressive, as in "you've only slept with one girl? That's rubbish, I've slept with at least 5!"

Isn't it about time we had a 'how many sexual partners have you had?' thread?  ;)

it's most definitely rubbish.  maybe i'll change all that when i visit japan...

know any good places to hang out, andrew?   ;)
Dave my good friend, you would have the time of your life over here!!!

[size=8]Please let it be known that Dragonboy is happily married & has never cheated on his wife (unless you count that one time he got hard whilst watching the '68 Comeback Special)[/size]
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteC'mon, you're the Muscles From Brussels! You must have slept with a billion women!

I didn't say that. And actually I'm kinda scrawny.
What, you mean you're not really Jean Claude?!!

Haha...I didn't get that at first! I thought you were making fun of me. Sorry! 8-) I'm actually not him, although I do like to punch snakes in the face from time to time.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ratsprayer

Dave my good friend, you would have the time of your life over here!!!

saving for the plane ticket now...

ali

ah you guys... sitting here laughing catching up on this thread...

nice fine print disclaimer mr miles  ;D

love a song for the way it makes you feel

ratsprayer

you miss a day here, you miss a lot!

how goes it, ali?

ManNamedTruth

25 yrs of age
i've been on this forum for awhile and still kinda feel relavely new here
live in the suburbs of pittsburgh
love pittsburgh sports teams
aspiring artist
working as a cook right now though
enjoy playing shuffleboard at the local polish club
i am in fact part polish as well as welsh, german, slovak
i have anxiety
i'm easily distracted
favorite drink is captain and coke
kinda lazy
i smoke pot
was a punk rocker in high school
i wear corduroy pants almost everyday
this morning i had a dream that i had a pet tiger and i rode around on him like a horse

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Taterbug

Are  we BUDDIES ?

let's be buddies.  when i get home, i'll raise a drink in your honour.

Thanks dragonboy for the link.   The lyric is  deffinetly an attention getter.  I'm not a big nick cave fan. oh well
I will hoist my golden goblet with Jack and Coke and pass out to the vision of us skipping hand in hand through a poppie field. ;D
Nothing wrong with being with one women, you don't have to worry about waking up with the drips or feeling like your pissin razor blades.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

fitzcarraldo

Hi, I'm Sean Murphy
I live in Sunnyside, Queens
Applied to be a Knight of Prosperity  j/k
33 years old
I post here because this is where the coolest people on the internet hang. Three years ago I never thought I'd even participate in any web forum. Fun people with some serious tastes you all!  :)
Dragonboy calls me TK because my name was originally Twilight Kid here.
Seen MMJ  6 times including one show at Symphony Hall Boston.
I got to see MMJ and Pearl Jam in Jersey with Brian.  :)
I have attended 2 kickass interweb MMJ parties here. New Years Eve was a Blast!
I have 2 cats Chloe and Maceo, bro and sis found them as kittens in my hood 7 years ago. Maceo sheds like a mofo. I love them.
I have my own Insurance biz.
I help my friend Kerri promote rock shows in NYC.
I play guitar. I love effects. Can play bass and a lil keyboards too.
Looking to buy a glockenspiel and an omnichord.
Smoke American Spirit Lights. AM trying to quit.
Have a myspaces.
I also get sad bout inanimate objects from time to time.
I can make a kick ass meat sauce.
Bayleaf.
The Album Leaf
I also like:
Frosted Flakes
PB & J's on whole wheat
Chicken Burritos
Japanese Steakhouses (Not Benihana)
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Red Wine
Jamoca Almond Fudge
Karaoke and open mic nights.
Disco dancing.
Head Banging.
Lincoln Center.
A night at the opera, A Day at the Races.
Jazz clubs. Rock clubs.
90.7 WFUV Vin Scelsa Idiots Delight Saturday nights (This guy is a Great DJ and tells Amazing stories, usually has a cool guest on.)
Sunday nights at hos.com (Mmmmmm)
New York Public Library.
Stanley Kubrick films. Good Films.
Tom Waits  (Master)
My Morning Jacket (takes me away to beautiful places when listening/rocking out)
Mark Kozelek,  Brian Eno, Pearl Jam (one of the main reasons I picked up the guitar)
Good books. Infinite Jest.  Art Museums.
I Love music!!!

BH

I love this thread.  

QuoteI have 2 cats Chloe and Maceo, bro and sis found them as kittens in my hood 7 years ago. Maceo sheds like a mofo. I love them.

Did you get Maceo's name from the Jane's song?
He's a little man, in a cat's body.
If so, reason #47 why I like Murph.

Reason #48  -->

QuoteSierra Nevada Pale Ale, Red Wine

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

I'm 33.
I am a Mechanical Engineer working for a engineering sales company.
I will always regret not trying harder to get a job in the automotive industry, since it's a love of mine.
I went to the U of Missouri and miss being in a college town.
I had never joined a forum, but needed to talk to others about this band, and discovered a lot of like minded people who I consider friends.  I love knowing that I have small relationships with people all over this country (and world for that matter) and think that someday, I may get to meet a few of you.
My lottory dream involves 200 plane tickets to Hawaii, 200 hotel rooms, a small stage on the beach for Jim and the boys, and convincing all you mother fuckers to take two weeks off.
I am too sensitive and tear up easily like Dick Vermeil.  I am working on this, but when I am really stoned, Jim James can still make me cry instantly.
I am married to the greatest woman in the world who I met in high school 16 years ago.  I have two girls named Ella and Macy and a boy on the way any day now.
I am really busy these days but I go to shows every chance I get. Music means everything to me and my second biggest regret is never learning to play an instrument.  I used to like to read Stephen King and Frederick Forsythe but now I never have time.

Pink Floyd
Merlot
Mizzou Basketball
The Black Crowes
Cabernet Savignon
Formula One
MY MORNING JACKET!
Shlafley Pale Ale
STL Cardinal Baseball
Maker's Mark (But usually my cheap ass buys Ten High, Uhgg!)
Jon Spencer Blues Exposion
Pinot Noir
Mizzou Football
Butthole Surfers
Any I.P.A.
Autocross/Carting
The Music you guys and MMJ have turned me on to in the last two years (A. Bird/M. Ward/Wax Fang/K. Edwards/R. LaMontagne)
Rams Football

Falling asleep yet?

Everyone seems to think things are a little stale around here lately.  I think it's been a long winter folks.  Let's get some sunshine soon.  Stare at the works of mother nature with some Jacket filling our heads, and all will be right with the world.

Dave "My Freinds Call me Hermo" Hermann

P.S.
I fucking love bees. ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

The DARK

QuoteHey

Get good grades, plan on going to school in the south, most likely CLEMSON UNIVERSITY....GO TIGERS!!!

I thought you were my friend... :'(
In another time, in another place, in another face

fitzcarraldo

Hermo!!!  :)  That is correct about Maceo!

ManNamedTruth

more fun filled true facts:
my name is actually justin true, everyone calls me true so i just use that for my username
i'm on myspace so if you would like to know what kind of movies i like and what other music i like than just go there: //www.myspace.com/justin_true
my artwork is also on myspace but its mostly stuff i've already posted here
i have an associates degree from community college
i got stoned most of the time before art classes
i like fruit, particularly pineapple and watermelon being my favorite
i don't really like vegetables too much
the best trip i've ever went on was to NYC, got to go to numerous art museums, got served wine underage at an italian restaurant and just had a blast roaming around new york buzzed off some fine wine
never been on a plane
haven't had any luck with women
been listening to mmj since Z came out
started coming here because i didn't know anyone else who likes mmj so i had to vent somehow. since then i've gotten one friend into them, most people that i play them for seem to like them but haven't been overly impressed. i've never heard anything negative about em from them.
got to see them live for the first time dec. 4th at house of blues cleveland. it was like a dream come true cause i thought they'd never come. its been since 2004 since they last came to pittsburgh, and cleveland is certainly close enough to go.

megisnotreal

QuoteI love this thread.  

me, too.

:)

ManNamedTruth

this one might have to get stickied

.Walt

well i'm
22 (23 on the 30th)
from Minnesota
play the organ in Mother Earths Peace Band
I'm a cook
Love sports
Could make a baseball comeback this summer?
I sleep for about 5 hours a night.
Once slept for 21 hours
Student, in Marketing
I don't smoke tobacco.
I never drink and drive
I want to move. either Milwaukee or somewheres south. (not to south)
Play Madden on Xbox Live (Uncle_Blunts)
I live with two childhood friends
all time tv shows...Salute your shorts, Pete and Pete, and hey dude. (anything classic Nickelodeon
I have curly hair
My real name is Mitch Walters, my friends call me Walt
When i go out to the bars, i get called either Jack Black or Nacho Libre
Third Italian, third Welsh, and third German
One brother (who's 25)
favorite mixed drink...CC and Coke
favorite beer...fat tire (which i can't get in minnesota, yet)
favorite thing to do, drink a couple beer in the shower after work.
Hardcore sledder. (for all you player haters out there, lets take it to the hill)

Love the Jacket.

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

red

Let's do this...

Kaley, 20.  Yes, I'm a guy.  I didn't pick my name, but I've grown to like it, kinda.
I took a year of business classes only to realize there's no way that's what I want to do for my lifetime.  
I'm the business manager at a local RV/snowmobile/ATV dealership.  Cruel twist of fate.  Pays well, co-workers are great.  I daydream all day and make the least amount of work last the longest possible time.
Only child and my father was killed before I was born.
I live in a basement suite, but still end up spending a lot of time at my mother's house.  
Single (but content).
To my friends I'm pretty much non-existent on weekdays.  I usually don't talk to any of them until just before wing night on Thursdays.
Arrested Development.
Veronica Mars.
Ricky Gervais.
Charlie Kaufman.
Springsteen/Dylan/Waits.
MMJ/The Hold Steady/The Constantines.
I spend way too much money on music.
Big sports fan.  Love the Vikings, Blue Jays and Capitals.  
Nintendo Wii!!!
I have one pet - RoboCat.
Crown Royal and Coke.
Pretty much any beer, except Coors Light.  I love any Honey Brown ale.
I drink far too much chocolate milk.
I order pizza and immediately put it in the fridge.  I love day-old, cold pizza.
Wish I could grow a beard.  Like Tom's, that'd be great.

I think that's a good introduction.

.Walt

Pretty much any beer, except Coors Light.  I love any Honey Brown ale.

pretty much any beer, expect coors light? wow, you really hate coors light. frosted brewed beer just isn't your thing is it?

i do the same thing with pizza 8-)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction