The "Will this hurt me?" thread

Started by Dorothy_Mantooth, May 15, 2007, 10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorothy_Mantooth

Will it hurt me if i eat pounds of raw cauliflower each day? seriously.
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

whothrewthecake

first of all you don't eat pounds of it. i've seen you. and secondly, probably

mjkoehler

maybe. might be a biiiiiiit gassy

ratsprayer

will it hurt me if i only listen to the national and andrew bird from here on out?  seriously!  

MarkW

QuoteWill it hurt me if i eat pounds of raw cauliflower each day? seriously.

Well, it's a good source of vitamin K, apparently.  The good news is that there is no known toxicity associated with high doses of phylloquinone (vitamin K1), menaquinone (vitamin K2), or menadione (vitamin K3) and its derivatives. High intake of vitamin K is not recommended for individuals taking anticoagulant medications such as Warfarin (coumadin).  So, steer clear of the anticoagulants, Ms Mantooth.

The bad news, though, may be the amount of pesticides used on cauliflowers.  I have only found data for California, but this shows that 0.89 pounds of chemicals were used on each acre of cauliflower grown in 2005.  Given a yield of 170 hundredweight per acre, we can see that on average, each pound of cauliflower received .00005 of a pound of chemicals while growing.

In effect, to ingest an ounce of chemicals, you would need to eat 1,250 pounds of cauliflower.

So, there you are.  If you can stand the gas, it's unlikely to kill you.  ;)

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Hawkeye

Well, it's a good source of vitamin K, apparently.  The good news is that there is no known toxicity associated with high doses of phylloquinone (vitamin K1), menaquinone (vitamin K2), or menadione (vitamin K3) and its derivatives. High intake of vitamin K is not recommended for individuals taking anticoagulant medications such as Warfarin (coumadin).  So, steer clear of the anticoagulants, Ms Mantooth.

The bad news, though, may be the amount of pesticides used on cauliflowers.  I have only found data for California, but this shows that 0.89 pounds of chemicals were used on each acre of cauliflower grown in 2005.  Given a yield of 170 hundredweight per acre, we can see that on average, each pound of cauliflower received .00005 of a pound of chemicals while growing.

In effect, to ingest an ounce of chemicals, you would need to eat 1,250 pounds of cauliflower.

So, there you are.  If you can stand the gas, it's unlikely to kill you.  ;)

You're a good man...and thorough
We could.

The DARK

Quotewill it hurt me if i only listen to the national and andrew bird from here on out?  seriously!  
Only if you don't listen to the Jacket also!
In another time, in another place, in another face

whothrewthecake

are you still worried about this???!??!?!!

Dorothy_Mantooth

Quoteare you still worried about this???!??!?!!

no i'm not because i'm on a strict diet of food made by anyone other than me.
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

whothrewthecake

hey remember that time we ate at whole foods. oh that's right IT'S EVERY DAY