the "who's coming to toronto" thread!

Started by EC, May 13, 2007, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

ah nice, bh.  thank you very much. :)
it's july 10th, and i think scratch sells them for less because i have to sell to them for less so that prices can be normal in hmv where nobody will probably buy them anyhow.

but i digress.

scratch is a really nice company and they distribute some really great records, so i would choose them (AND save money!)

buying from indie sources saves music!  listen to that, it's true!

ok, back on topic.  today in toronto, the weather is beautiful and i am going to go eat my lunch outside. :)

red, do you play music?  if so, we'll put a couple of really great instrument shops on the list. :)

red

Quotered, do you play music?  if so, we'll put a couple of really great instrument shops on the list. :)
The only instrument I play is my stereo.  ;D

red

I got a Jays ticket for August 5th, can't wait for that.  I've seen them play before, but not at Skydome (yeah, I know).  

Jaimoe

Quotedude, the hold steady at the opera house will be an amazing show.  oh wow, you're totally going to freak out, that's wicked.
ep will be out by then, yes, hence why i might not be here.  BUT IF I AM!!!!! jeez, if i am then i'm gonna go to the hold steady show, too!
:)  list forthcoming...

Are you going? If so, we can finally meet... although I still need to get a ticket.

EC

listen, keep july 19th free if you can.  whothrewthecake and dorothy mantooth are coming to visit, and there's a concert that night that we're going to.  i'll pm you about it. :)  if not, and if i'm here, then yes, we will rock the opera house to the ground at the hold steady!!!!  

still thinking, red, still thinking, i promise. :)  i need to see what's going on in this city in august for you.

red

Quotestill thinking, red, still thinking, i promise. :)  i need to see what's going on in this city in august for you.
Sounds great.

Here's the part where everyone recommends where I can get the best poutine for Toronto and Montreal.  That's pretty much all I plan on eating for 3 or 4 days.

red

What's the best way to get from Toronto to Montreal?  It appears to me to be the train, but I'm not sure.

EC

QuoteWhat's the best way to get from Toronto to Montreal?  It appears to me to be the train, but I'm not sure.
the bus might be the cheapest - it's about 8 hours, i think.  but i would look into flying out of the new toronto island airport (YTZ).  my friend is a pilot with a new airline there, and i've heard there are crazy cheap flights currently.  :)

Jaimoe

The bus is indeed the cheapest route, although it would take no longer than 6 hours to get to Montreal. I've driven the 401 route many times and can get to Montreal in 5 1/2 hours.