i lost a dear friend this week

Started by Kel, Jun 30, 2007, 04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kel

i always try to tell people this anyway, but please, please, please, cherish those close to you and try to help those you care about all you can.  

there's nothing worse than the feeling like you could have done more.

even though, in the end, no matter what anyone did, it wouldn't have helped.

take care....much love and peace.

Kel

ps - give gigantic hugs to your loved ones :)

all the time :)

SMc55

Oh Kel,
I do feel for you.
And you're completely right. I agree with you absolutely.
Never let the people you love be in any doubt about it.

Thinking about you Kel at this very diffcult time.

Chills

That's some bad news right there.

But some damn solid advice as well.

The DARK

Sorry to hear that Kel. I feel for ya.  :'(
In another time, in another place, in another face

Jenny

i'm sorry about that, Kel.
Thinking of you.

megisnotreal

EC

so sorry to hear that, kel, but thank you for the solid reminder. xoxo

sweatboard

Quoteso sorry to hear that, kel, but thank you for the solid reminder. xoxo

ditto
There's Still Time.........

red

All my love your way Kel - your words are so true.

Kel

ali

so sorry to hear that kel... if i could i'd give you a big hug!

i hate not being able to hug my family on a daily basis... sometimes living in a different state sucks  :(
love a song for the way it makes you feel

Kel

you guys are awesome :)

we just had a "memorial weekend" for him.   there were about 30 different people that came from all over the United States...we went to a White Sox game (he was a huge fan) and a 311 concert (huge fan of them as well).  We all had on "word." shirts for him - that was his "saying", had beers for him, there were fireworks that same night at the game.  it was amazing.  at the 311 show, they dedicated his favorite song of theirs to him and played it.  

i'm pretty much just rambling but getting to meet all of his other close friends that i hadn't met yet was just great.  i felt like he was here again.  cheesy, yes.  life is life and we lose people, but it's always a hard thing to deal with.  

SMc55

What a wonderful thing to do in memory of a friend.
It's obvious he was special to you, but you are all very special people too. Thanks for letting us know about this Kel.

Hawkeye

Quoteyou guys are awesome :)

we just had a "memorial weekend" for him.   there were about 30 different people that came from all over the United States...we went to a White Sox game (he was a huge fan) and a 311 concert (huge fan of them as well).  We all had on "word." shirts for him - that was his "saying", had beers for him, there were fireworks that same night at the game.  it was amazing.  at the 311 show, they dedicated his favorite song of theirs to him and played it.  

i'm pretty much just rambling but getting to meet all of his other close friends that i hadn't met yet was just great.  i felt like he was here again.  cheesy, yes.  life is life and we lose people, but it's always a hard thing to deal with.  

Awesome way to honor your friend...that was really great of the 311 guys to dedicate that song to him!  They must be really good guys.  You'll never hear that song the same way again, trust me.  It kind of reminds me of when my friend Luke died a few years ago.  He was only 19, very popular, likeable guy.  He had a few too many to drink and hopped on his 4-wheeler with a passenger.  He tried taking a corner at 80-plus mph (on gravel) and slid into a tree.  The passenger survived, he did not.  Anyway, at the funeral they played Pink Floyd's "Wish you were here."  It was his favorite song, and it was just such a surreal moment for me.  Just about a week before he died, we were driving around that same road where the accident happened, blaring that album so loud that I thought my ear drums would surely burst.  Not to mention the fact that I never thought I would hear the Floyd inside a church!  Anyway, I'm just rambling here too, but it was one of those spine-tingling musical moments that I'll never forget, as I'm sure you'll never forget 311 playing that song for your friend.  Take care, and know that there are people there for you!
We could.

Kel

Quoteyou guys are awesome :)

Awesome way to honor your friend...that was really great of the 311 guys to dedicate that song to him!  They must be really good guys.  You'll never hear that song the same way again, trust me.  It kind of reminds me of when my friend Luke died a few years ago.  He was only 19, very popular, likeable guy.  He had a few too many to drink and hopped on his 4-wheeler with a passenger.  He tried taking a corner at 80-plus mph (on gravel) and slid into a tree.  The passenger survived, he did not.  Anyway, at the funeral they played Pink Floyd's "Wish you were here."  It was his favorite song, and it was just such a surreal moment for me.  Just about a week before he died, we were driving around that same road where the accident happened, blaring that album so loud that I thought my ear drums would surely burst.  Not to mention the fact that I never thought I would hear the Floyd inside a church!  Anyway, I'm just rambling here too, but it was one of those spine-tingling musical moments that I'll never forget, as I'm sure you'll never forget 311 playing that song for your friend.  Take care, and know that there are people there for you!

that's really sad :(  young and reckless :(  my friend passed away due to complications with alcohol.  they aren't sure how it happened/what happened, he just had too much, his body couldn't take it anymore.

it was a really awesome moment when they did play that song for him and dedicate it to him.  as cheesy as their music is sometimes, that's why i've always loved the band, because overall they are just good, kind, loving people.  it's not often you come across that in bands - especially ones that have had their sort of success.

anyway, thank you to everyone for listening to me ramble.  it just felt like something i needed to talk about.  here's a couple of shots of the group:

and then me doing my YAR face:

i hope i gave you guys a few smiles with that one :P

BH

What a nice way to remember him.  He was lucky to have so many good friends like you.  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

red

Quotehttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/kelkiwi3112/hardman%202007/thGroupStairsShirts.jpg[/IMG]
I love that shot!  

Sounds like it was a wonderful day to remember a great friend.

Kel

Quotehttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/kelkiwi3112/hardman%202007/thGroupStairsShirts.jpg[/IMG]
I love that shot!  

Sounds like it was a wonderful day to remember a great friend.

that's one of my favorites too :)