My Morning Jacket Interview/ cool cover story

Started by mrd1135, Aug 17, 2008, 12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

easy way

Nice...Tom is the man. I really enjoyed this, thanks.
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

Jernigan

Ive got an EVIL plan babe

"[Bannaroo] would've been over four hours but because of the rain some of the equipment got damaged and we weren't able to do some of the songs."

Geez.
Just cause it starts off slow babe, doesn't mean I  don't have evil urges.

the_wizzard

That was a good read!  And judging the recent set-lists, Tom wasn't teasing us with the rare songs being busted out!  

"REAX: I would think that some ideas that are edited out of the studio would be recycled on the road.

TB: You know, that hasn't happened. Usually on the road, we'll bring out songs from the first two or three records that we haven't played in a while or some EP songs and revamp them. Usually the ones that get left as B sides or ones that nobody ever hears, pretty much remain that way. But I can see five or six years from now, pulling out "Chills" or other B sides from these last two records, just to see if it can have a different kind of life on the road."

Now, about "Come Closer"....
If that is on the short list of rarities, please play that at either Berkeley, Portland, or Seattle.  Pretty Please!!!!!

Kisses  :-*

j_rud

QuoteBut I can see five or six years from now, pulling out "Chills" or other B sides from these last two records, just to see if it can have a different kind of life on the road.

So....ummm....yeah...who else just started a "5 Or 6 Years From Now Countdown"???
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

YouAre_GivenToFly

QuoteBut I can see five or six years from now, pulling out "Chills" or other B sides from these last two records, just to see if it can have a different kind of life on the road.

So....ummm....yeah...who else just started a "5 Or 6 Years From Now Countdown"???

B sides from Z and Evil Urges?! My head can't handle that.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

j_rud

Think of poor Abe Lincoln!
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

sweatboard

Think of poor Abe Lincoln!

BOOO YAHHHH!!!!!
There's Still Time.........

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

bully

sincerely, my morning wood.