Jim speaks to Berklee students...

Started by RockNRollJunkie, Aug 24, 2008, 12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockNRollJunkie

http://www.berklee.edu/news/159/my-morning-jacket-frontman-speaks-to-students

Dunno if anyones posted this or not. I just happened to be checking out the site and saw that on headlines.

I've always wanted to go to Berklee but I'm no asian prodigy and I didn't pop out of my mom with a Fender in hand. Chances of getting in are slim if you haven't done on or the other.

But anyways, Jim looks shmexy with a tie. And makes a REALLY good point on music downloading! Three cheers for Jim!
See mom, I have friends. I'm on a "forum".

Penny Lane

such copyright protection goes against James's belief that forcing people to pay a specific price for music isn't the way to go. "It's kind of like an honor system, or a grab basket," he said. "I've got a lot of friends that download music for free. I don't hold that against anybody, because people need a lot of things that they don't have. So if somebody wants to hear our record and they take it, I'm glad they can listen to it. But if you do get on your feet, or if you do steal a record and end up liking it, go buy a T-shirt, go pay for a ticket, support them. . . . It's so weird that you could ever put a price tag on music. If you get a record and you listen to it every day, it's this huge part of your life, it's worth a lot. You should maybe give them $300 for it. If you only listen to it a couple times, maybe you should only give them 50 cents for it."

wow-that pic is HOTTTTTT and the words inspiring ;-)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ManNamedTruth

is he holding a pipe?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

easy way

"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

RockNRollJunkie

is he holding a pipe?

Wow, you know, it looks like a pipe...man...thats sexy. I bet his home smells like rich mahogany and leather bound books.
See mom, I have friends. I'm on a "forum".

Salacious D

Wow. A tie. A pipe. That smile. I'm feeling a bit swoony over here.

P.S. Thanks for the new avatar.  ;)
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

cvergara85

I went to Berklee for 4 years and graduated in 2007, there where a couple cool clinics like Herbbie Hancock and Tom Morello and John Mayer, but I would have been front row at this. The chances that there were a lot of people at this clinic is slim to being that it was in the summer. Also I think MMJ really like spending time in Boston, they always do shows there and spend lots of time up there. I am so jealous to anyone who went this this clinic.

Ethel Bethel

hizzo

One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

The Drake

Quotesuch copyright protection goes against James's belief that forcing people to pay a specific price for music isn't the way to go. "It's kind of like an honor system, or a grab basket," he said. "I've got a lot of friends that download music for free. I don't hold that against anybody, because people need a lot of things that they don't have. So if somebody wants to hear our record and they take it, I'm glad they can listen to it. But if you do get on your feet, or if you do steal a record and end up liking it, go buy a T-shirt, go pay for a ticket, support them. . . . It's so weird that you could ever put a price tag on music. If you get a record and you listen to it every day, it's this huge part of your life, it's worth a lot. You should maybe give them $300 for it. If you only listen to it a couple times, maybe you should only give them 50 cents for it."

REMEMBER THOSE IDIOTS WHO.....

aw, nevermind.  ;)

bully

i love that he ended his lesson walking off stage with the omnichord pumping out the fresh beats.

jim james is going to single-handedly make this sort of geeky vacation bible school instrument DEAD SEXY!

sincerely, my morning wood.

Ethel Bethel

jim james is going to single-handedly make this sort of geeky vacation bible school instrument DEAD SEXY!

Absolutely

songdiver

Shit, I owe MMJ at least a million dollars by now.  I've thought about the concept of the cost of an album before.  It's so funny, if you buy an album that sucks, you feel so fucking pissed that you just blew $15, but if you like it...you almost feel guilty at how little you paid compared to the years of happiness.  An album like At Dawn, if I could only listen to it on a cd (if computers, etc. didn't exist)  and had to buy it for $300, I would rather pay the money than never hear it in my lifetime.  

Seriously, if I'm ever wealthy I'm giving MMJ at least 50 grand.
"where we are, in the blink of an eye you get several meanings"