Applied for another job...

Started by AngryEwok, Oct 23, 2007, 12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

I just applied for a huge, huge position as a graphic artist. I probably won't even be called in for an interview, but because I'm not expecting as much as a sniffle in my direction, there is that small chance I may be blindsided with a phone call and interview request. All that said, I really need some good vibes sent my way by you good folks. I've been praying for some guidance for a while, so I feel good about my future - It'd just be nice for this position to be part of my immediate future.

This position is a "career position" that I could build an early retirement on. Meanwhile, at my current job, I'm at a dead end right now. I don't even get health insurance, sick leave or vacation time. The beginning of the end may have come when I asked for a meeting with the bosses so that I could request, in addition to a raise, to be a bigger part of the company... my request was ignored and I was given a fifty cent raise, as if that'd appease me. My request for insurance was met with excuses. My request for a chemical vent and/or an air purification system was ignored. My paycheck just bounced on me.

I'm tired of smelling fumes, I'm tired of getting my fingers burned with a funky mix of chemicals. I'm ready to wear my nice slacks and a Crimson Tide polo shirt.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

SMc55

Good luck Brad - you deserve it. Lots of good vibes from me. I hope you told them your work is internationally renowned  :)

dragonboy

Best of luck Angry, keep us informed  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

TEO

Good vibes heading to Tuscaloosa.......
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

TheBigChicken

yeah good luck buddy..I'm looking for a job now and it is totally depressing..you are not alone..oh and best of luck with LSU :D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

primushead

I, too, just had an interview today with the bigwigs up at the Biltmore Estate.  It'll be for a nice little desk job, and I really REALLY hope I get this.  Let's just have this be the "Good Vibes" thread.

Good luck everyone!

LizKing531

Yeah - Good Vibes All Around -

I've been looking and applying & actually had a couple interviews - the whole process sucks balls!!!!  I've decided that my second job now is looking for another job.  

I tell you what - nothing makes me feel better than seeing an opening for the position you really want - sending your resume & cover letter in early - then rereading it only to see that you sent the cover letter with a different company's name on it to the place you just applied  :P

Like everyone says - patience is key.  Patience & a never ending stream of outbound resumes

TEO

QuoteI, too, just had an interview today with the bigwigs up at the Biltmore Estate.  It'll be for a nice little desk job, and I really REALLY hope I get this.  Let's just have this be the "Good Vibes" thread.

Good luck everyone!

Maybe I will see you at New Year's Eve time of year.  Gonna' try to catch Toubab at the Orange Peel and tour the estate.

TEO

QuoteYeah - Good Vibes All Around -

I've been looking and applying & actually had a couple interviews - the whole process sucks balls!!!!  I've decided that my second job now is looking for another job.  

I tell you what - nothing makes me feel better than seeing an opening for the position you really want - sending your resume & cover letter in early - then rereading it only to see that you sent the cover letter with a different company's name on it to the place you just applied  :P

Like everyone says - patience is key.  Patience & a never ending stream of outbound resumes

I have an opening for personal assistant at Junkfest.......

EC

gooooooooooooooooooooood viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibez all around.
i just gave my boss a raise yesterday (she honestly hadn't given herself one in about 10 years.  what the hell is that?)  i was hoping that she will in turn do the same.  no dice as of yet, but she did buy me a nice box of chocolates today...  that's the kind of benefits i get. :)

oh, and free health care.