Mark Richt...Quit Crying

Started by rccola71, Dec 03, 2007, 09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

I'm a Dawg fan but damn Mark you're starting to cry like some second grader who just shit in his/her pants on the playground....Enough already! The Dawgs will have ALL they cah handle against Hawaii..If you guys lose that game(which you guys could)then you need to apologize to the entire nation for having to hear your bullshit
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

tomEisenbraun

Watch it.

The Dawgs worked hard this year with a team that's one of the best they've ever had. Even without that, the fact that they are the 5th highest ranked team in the nation is hard to overlook when you consider that the SEC Championship Game went to LSU and UT, both ranked much lower than UGA. You may call him a whiner now, but it's looking like very year someone gets seriously slighted by the way the NCAA football conferences work. Yes, UGA was beaten by UT--but they pulled their team together and seriously laid it down for the rest of the season. If it's not your team this year, it certainly could be next year. When you're the highest ranked in your division (as UGA was and I believe, still is) you deserve a shot at your championship's title. I don't think any other division of sports plays in such a way where (before playoffs) if you are beaten by a team, you can't play against them in the championship game. Had Tennessee lost the week before, they would've been out of the championship game and we would've gone by reasoning that, since Tennessee was out, UGA could then play.

I'm no huge college football fan, and this is my first year rooting since I've just transferred to UGA, but I have two observations to make as a new guy. The system seems terribly flawed and they could certainly stand to update it and work with some new standards for scoring or sending people to championships.

The second is this: Mark Richt is no whiner. He's one of the most genuine coaches I've seen on the field, very level-headed, very respectful, very genuine about what he does. I've never seen him be selfish in an interview, downplay another teams win by telling reporters that he didn't know what happened, his team played very poorly this week, and we just weren't on our game today. He's hard on his guys to be respectful of other teams, and works hard to keep that at the forefront of his team. For that, I truly respect him. I've heard several interviews with him since they didn't go to the SEC championship, and he has not once sounded like he was "crying like a second grader" about things. I think there's aspects of the ranking system that need to be fixed, and it's very understandable that he would be one to be feeling quite strongly, especially as his team which is highest ranked in their division did not get to play the championship game. They either need to expressly make the divisions out to be playoff-style in their makeup, where a team is ousted from the championship with each loss, or  have the championship bout follow the ranking system, but to have two different systems working invariably with or against eachother is just not working out in the fairest interest of all those involved.

Maybe I'm biased. But so is Coach Richt. And so would you be if it happened to your team.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Angry Ewok

Georgia would have beaten LSU in the SEC Championship, and that'd have given them the #1 spot. But they lost to Tennessee and South Carolina, so it's their own fault for not winning the East.

At this rate, I think Georgia could win the National next year.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.