Fantasy Basketball

Started by mother_earth, Oct 25, 2007, 03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

i got league set-up, i figure i'd let you wonderful people know. (i could set another one up for the Jacket Fans if people are interested??)

its on yahoo again. draft is today at 8:30 Central. sorry for the short notice but....

League name - The Merry Pranksters
League ID - 130975
Password - basketball

my brother and roommate are going to be in. five spots are open. should be fun!

join today....
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

aMD

I actually almost asked you about this earlier this morning whilst watching sportscenter.

i'm in.  and officially hooked on fantasy sports.  :)

megisnotreal

this dude at work was talking about this today, and i think it is fucked up

http://www.fantasycriminal.com/

.Walt

went fast. like your team??

aMD

not especially but maybe they'll grow on me.  how you likin yours?

i'm holla back, btw

.Walt

i went really deep on PF and Centers.  i like elton brand in the 12th round, even with him out for over 8 weeks. i should be alright. top 6 make the playoffs. so i should be able to accomplish that.

aMD

so stat tracker is working on the basketball league for me.  Maybe it's just because it's the first week.  i probably won't end up using it anyway.

i'm still trying to figure out how this shit works.  should i be checking in like daily and making sure my "starters" are starting?  I'm sure I'll figure out how the rest of the scoring works but that part of it is really confusing me.

aMD

oh, and what's up with personal fouls being worth as much or more than points scored?

.Walt

Quoteso stat tracker is working on the basketball league for me.  Maybe it's just because it's the first week.  i probably won't end up using it anyway.

i'm still trying to figure out how this shit works.  should i be checking in like daily and making sure my "starters" are starting?  I'm sure I'll figure out how the rest of the scoring works but that part of it is really confusing me.

yeah, you should make sure your starters are starting. you don't have to do your roster daily. you can do it in advance. i usually go from sunday to the following monday. i go like 8 days in advance.

as far as the PF being used, most leagues have turnovers. i go with personal fouls, because then it caps it at 6. because sometimes (steve nash) will consistently get 7 or 8 turnover a game. at least this way, the most you can get is 6.

hope that answers some of your questions.

aMD

yeah, that answers it.  I don't know how my team's going to shake out, we'll see

aMD

I sure didn't expect to be in first place.  My team's growing on me.  I still hate that personal fouls category, I've lost it every week.  My team's rough and tough what can I say.  :)

.Walt

QuoteI still hate that personal fouls category, I've lost it every week.  

;D i know, but i hate turnover category.  i'm middle of the pack so far, i'm thinking big things. huge things with my squad.

have we squared off yet??

aMD

Are you Astrogliders in this league?  if so, the I took you down 7-2 two weeks ago. you're just lying in the weeds waiting for elton brand to get healthy.  going to try to make a late season push like in the jacket football league (ya bastard!)  ;) ;D

.Walt

QuoteAre you Astrogliders in this league?  if so, the I took you down 7-2 two weeks ago. you're just lying in the weeds waiting for elton brand to get healthy.  going to try to make a late season push like in the jacket football league (ya bastard!)  ;) ;D

nope astro is my brother. but i do have elton brand. which will make a nice addition for a late playoff run!

aMD

QuoteAre you Astrogliders in this league?  if so, the I took you down 7-2 two weeks ago. you're just lying in the weeds waiting for elton brand to get healthy.  going to try to make a late season push like in the jacket football league (ya bastard!)  ;) ;D

nope astro is my brother. but i do have elton brand. which will make a nice addition for a late playoff run!

ya I beat you 6-3 in week 2.

.Walt

Amd we square off this week huh?!. well, hopefully i can squeak a win in this short week.  we both are in good shape to take over first. future playoff game, big week!

good luck

aMD

good luck indeed.  You've had a couple huge weeks while I've started to hit a rut.  beating you would be a good way to get back on track though.  you're right, looks like we're going to be in pretty good shape for the playoffs, but I liked being number one.  

i'm hoping to be the bama37 of this league!  ;)