South Park vs Family Guy??

Started by mother_earth, Sep 30, 2007, 05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

primushead

I saw the preview for Wednesday's episode, and the basis of it is that Cartman get tourette's syndrome. ;D

.Walt

if i counted right (using fingers) 11 for south park, 7 for family guy.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

aMD

Quoteif i counted right (using fingers) 11 for south park, 7 for family guy.

how many fingers do you have?

.Walt

Quoteif i counted right (using fingers) 11 for south park, 7 for family guy.

how many fingers do you have?

many  ;D
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Hawkeye

We could.

ManNamedTruth

Both shows aren't what they used to be, but South Park did it longer.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

dragonboy

I thought series 10 of South Park had some classic episodes.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Chills

QuoteSouth Park no question!  Their Family Guy spoof episode was about the greatest thing ever.

Haha, indeed. Gotta go with South Park as well.

LizKing531

I'll go Family Guy.

They are both great shows, but South Park (to me) goes more into shock value than good writing.  Family Guy isn't perfect (ahem....the Stars Wars episode)

But neither one has shit compared to the Simpsons

Chills

QuoteI'll go Family Guy.

They are both great shows, but South Park (to me) goes more into shock value than good writing.  

No way  :)

South Park's writing is way superior to me. Family Guy is mainly just a loose series of jokes, some very funny, some less. South Park actually says interesting, and often surprisingly thoughtful, things about celebrity culture, freedom of speech (see the Family Guy spoof episode) and let's not forget goth kids!

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

red

I remember hearing that after the South Park episode where they completely lampooned Family Guy, Matt and Trey (and co.) were sent flowers/gifts/etc from the staffs of the Simpsons and Futurama, among others.

joey_rogo

Judging by the commercial, tonight's episode of south park appears to feature Randy Marsh, aka the best character on the show. I'm excited.

primushead

Yeah, I'm pretty excited, as Randy is easily my favorite SP character (if not my favorite television character ever).  

I hope it tops last weeks episode...I was a little disappointed :-/

joey_rogo

QuoteYeah, I'm pretty excited, as Randy is easily my favorite SP character (if not my favorite television character ever).  

I hope it tops last weeks episode...I was a little disappointed :-/

I'm gonna go ahead and say it did indeed top last week's. Especially the Bono bashing.... I've never been a fan, yeah, call me crazy. Suck it Bono. Props to Randy Marsh on the biggest poo ever.

primushead

I laughed my ass off last night.  On the other hand, I AM a huge U2 fan, and I still found it incredibly funny.  I especially loved Bono (or Trey or Matt) doing their version of Vertigo.  

Yeah, it was definitely not a letdown of an episode.

MMJ_fanatic

Much as I like Kyle and the gang, Peter and Co. crack me up a bit more.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

TGMC421

red

Watched Imaginationland again last night and liked it better than when it aired.  That's saying a lot.  

Just watching it with Matt and Trey's commentary right now.   ;D