NCAA Football 2007-2008

Started by AngryEwok, Aug 26, 2007, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EAZYE

sorry USF, your cinderalla season is over.  now OU moves up how many spots ;)
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

Angry Ewok

That's awesome, Corey.

Not as awesome as seeing "#2" USF fall to the Rutgers, though... USF may belong in the Top 25, I won't argue with that... but this game proves they aren't in the class people thought/hoped/pretended they were.

I got a little bored of South Florida fans coming out of the wordwork, with fandom bent on that school to the point of arousal, but I think a lot of us were hoping they'd go undefeated (with their second-half schedule, it shouldn't have been too difficult). Oh well, nobody can say for sure that USF going to the title game would have encouraged a playoff system, anyway.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

mjkoehler

aMD

QuoteThat's awesome, Corey.

Not as awesome as seeing "#2" USF fall to the Rutgers, though... USF may belong in the Top 25, I won't argue with that... but this game proves they aren't in the class people thought/hoped/pretended they were.

I got a little bored of South Florida fans coming out of the wordwork, with fandom bent on that school to the point of arousal, but I think a lot of us were hoping they'd go undefeated (with their second-half schedule, it shouldn't have been too difficult). Oh well, nobody can say for sure that USF going to the title game would have encouraged a playoff system, anyway.

you've been hating on them for a while.  do you still think they aren't in the same class as WVU?  even though they're in the same conference, have beaten the shit out of them two years in a row, and gained the respect on the voters?  I don't think they're as bad as you thought/hoped/pretended they were.

corey

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

41-17, y'all.
That's the best Bama's looked all year. Who the hell calls an onsides kick for the first play of the game. I think that's the first time I've ever seen that. I could be wrong about that. I'm sure it's been done before, but it's not something you see very often.

Wilson and Hall. Fuck yeah!

Our defense actually showed up today as well. Couldn't have been more pleased about that. AND, our offense didn't turn the ball over at all. The penalties were pretty high and I'm sure that they're gonna get their ass chewed about that, but I bet Saban is damn proud of those boys today.

The DARK

:'(   Vandy 17, Gamecocks 6.

PATHETIC.
In another time, in another place, in another face

primushead

Quote:'(   Vandy 17, Gamecocks 6.

PATHETIC.

I knew I'd see a sad post from you when I logged on.  I saw the highlights...what happened?

Angry Ewok

Alabama took Tennessee to the woodshed. I'm looking forward to seeing our rank, after this weekend.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

.Walt

Minnesota 21
North Dakota St. 27

;D

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

megisnotreal

roll tide! today's game was on point! this was my first time actually being at the bama/tennessee game, and what a first time it was.

fyi: you CAN sunburn in october.

corey

Oh, I bet. It was pretty damn sunny today here in the Shoals. Much hotter than I expected it to be.

sweatboard

ouch.  :-/

TN just sucks out loud and there is nothing they can do about it.  It's probably time to get some new coaches but we'll wait at least three more seasons before doing so.  We are now the South Carolina of the SEC EAST.  
There's Still Time.........

The DARK

QuoteMinnesota 21
North Dakota St. 27

;D

They lost to Florida Atlantic earlier in the season.  ;D ;D

The DARK

Quote:'(   Vandy 17, Gamecocks 6.

PATHETIC.

I knew I'd see a sad post from you when I logged on.  I saw the highlights...what happened?

I didn't see it. Who the hell puts this game on PAY PER VIEW???

The DARK

Quoteouch.  :-/

TN just sucks out loud and there is nothing they can do about it.  It's probably time to get some new coaches but we'll wait at least three more seasons before doing so.  We are now the South Carolina of the SEC EAST.  

And that's supposed to mean?  :-?

Wow, I just made 3 posts in the last 5 minutes in this thread, all in a different mood.

sweatboard

Just that we won't be going to any SEC championship games anytime soon.  :-*

There's Still Time.........

bowl of soup

QuoteThat's awesome, Corey.

you've been hating on them for a while.  do you still think they aren't in the same class as WVU?  even though they're in the same conference, have beaten the shit out of them two years in a row, and gained the respect on the voters?  I don't think they're as bad as you thought/hoped/pretended they were.

Exactly.  They lost to a team that was ranked in the top 10 to start the season and I'm never one to blame the refs....but I blame the refs.  With 30 or so seconds to go, USF converted a fourth down putting them in field goal range only to have the play called back on a ridiculous offensive interference call.  I won't even mention the first-half touchdown called back on a very questionable review.  It also took Rutgers not one, but two fake kicks to pull off the upset - congrats to them.

USF's resume is still very nice.  Yes, they played and beat Elon.  They also won at Auburn in overtime (only needed because USF missed 4 field goals in the game) and paisted WVU for the second year in a row.  The UCF win gets lambasted, but doesn't anyone remember that UCF had Texas beat earlier in the year?

I have very happily jumped on the bandwagon (I'm really a Maryland fan who lives down here) and it's been fun.  It really could have destroyed this horrible system, but alas, its not to be.

Did anyone catch the Outside the Lines on Sunday?  Funny how USF readily released their non-qualifier figures and Alabama refused isn't it?
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ycartrob

I think Corey's point is that if a bigger named program ranked #2 had gone to Rutgers, they would have won. If Auburn, LSU, Ohio St., USC, etc... is ranked #2 and they go to Rutgers (Rutgers folks) they win.

Plus, blaming the refs for losing to Rutgers (Rutgers) is not a move that a class program's fan would make. You lose to Rutgers at Rutgers, then you don't deserve to be #2. Blaming the refs for losing to Rutgers is silly. I was pulling for USF and the receiver pushed off, it was pretty obvious.

Come on USF fan, you can do better than that!

aMD

how is it silly be blame the refs if the refs actually did fuck it up?  Just dismissing the argument without cause... you can do better than that.

or maybe you can't.   :-/

Jaimoe

I'm wondering how many of you actually went to the schools you support? Just curious with no malice intended.