NCAA Football 2007-2008

Started by AngryEwok, Aug 26, 2007, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

primushead

Looks to be a rainy-ass, low-scoring game in Blacksburg.

The first TD that VT had was pretty iffy :P

Angry Ewok

Is that snow? What the fuck? I wish Alabama could play somebody in the snow just once.

p.s. Say goodbye to #1 and #2...
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ycartrob

quite a gutsy performance by BC last night, especially how Ryan picked it up the last 4 minutes after sucking all night. That was one of those "team of destiny" gut checks...maybe.

primushead

Yeah it was a pretty amazing comeback.  

As far as gut-checks go, I think there will be plenty this Saturday.

bowl of soup

BC's miracle last night was probably good for all of the 1 and 2 loss teams hoping to get back into the picture.  How I figure?  VTU was creeping back into the picture and could have easily run the table, won the ACC championship game, and ended the season with just 1 loss to LSU.  BC will lose at least 2 games - remaining schedule:  FSU, @Maryland, @Clemson, Miami, and possible ACC championship game rematch with VTU.  So we all needed VTU to lose last night, onside kick, and voila.

I hate the algebra that is college football.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

BH

QuoteBC's miracle last night was probably good for all of the 1 and 2 loss teams hoping to get back into the picture.  How I figure?  VTU was creeping back into the picture and could have easily run the table, won the ACC championship game, and ended the season with just 1 loss to LSU.  BC will lose at least 2 games - remaining schedule:  FSU, @Maryland, @Clemson, Miami, and possible ACC championship game rematch with VTU.  So we all needed VTU to lose last night, onside kick, and voila.

I hate the algebra that is college football.

It's funny you say that because I was thinking just the opposite.  Va Techs remaining schedule looked tougher so I was thinking I should root for them, knowing they will lose again.  However, after reading your post, I think you make some very good points and I forgot about the ACC championship game.  (I have a "one loss" team of my own, and it really is making this an exciting season.  Every game seems important and I'm enjoying them all tremendously.)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ycartrob

[size=36]GIVE ME UPSETS, NOW![/size]

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

primushead

Quote[size=36]GIVE ME UPSETS, NOW![/size]

Just wait until Happy Valley...right aMD? ;)

aMD

Quote[size=36]GIVE ME UPSETS, NOW![/size]

Just wait until Happy Valley...right aMD? ;)

We'll just see about that.  

Ewok was wrong about #2, he's going to be wrong about #1, just like he was wrong about USF.  I love SEC fans!  

megisnotreal

people at work have been pushing this:

http://www.capitalonebowl.com/Voting/Default.aspx

vote for big red, the best mascot in the history of mascots. all the other things exist; like a bear, a dude, and orange, etc. but big red? i go to wku, and i don't even know for sure what he is--except AWESOME

vespachick

I REALLY dislike USC.  GO  DUCKS!!!

My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

sweatboard

You want an Upset?  I'll say this....If Georgia beats Florida that would mean TN would have a chance to get back in the race to the SEC Championship game, it would also mean that I will post a picture of me streaking naked around my house in every thread in "Off Topic"

FACT!
There's Still Time.........

The DARK

QuoteYou want an Upset?  I'll say this....If Georgia beats Florida that would mean TN would have a chance to get back in the race to the SEC Championship game, it would also mean that I will post a picture of me streaking naked around my house in every thread in "Off Topic"

FACT!

Fact: They won't be in the race after today.  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

Angry Ewok

The Vol's are just trying to finish this year with a winning record, at this point. I expect the Cocks and Cats to win with ease, given their superior passing and the Vols' pathetic secondary. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see one of those sandwich games to end in an upset, as well. Vanderbilt isn't the joke it used to be (ask Steve Spurrier). I don't like Arkansas at all, this year, but at least it still has Darren McFadden.

10/27      #16 S Carolina         L
11/10      Arkansas                W
11/17      Vanderbilt                L
11/24      at #14 Kentucky       L

I'm usually pretty accurate with my SEC picks...  If my picks are right, we're looking at a 6-6 Season. A damn shame, too, because the Vols were being looked at as a real contender in the East, pre-season.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

sweatboard

Sorry Brad that is just fucking crazy, you really need to fix that, there is no way in HELL we will beat Arkansas.   ;)

sweatboard

uh-oh  looks like I'm going to have to go streaking soon.  It's cold as a witches tittie here to.  So just remeber that.

ycartrob

I swear I was telling my wife this morning that Mississippi State would beat Kentucky. She looked at me like she didn't care...

And USF gets ripped off by the refs again against UConn.

ycartrob

it's 6:45 Saturday evening and I really think UT beats SC tonight.

'nuff said  (and if I'm wrong, I'll simply delete this post).

BH

QuoteYou want an Upset?  I'll say this....If Georgia beats Florida that would mean TN would have a chance to get back in the race to the SEC Championship game, it would also mean that I will post a picture of me streaking naked around my house in every thread in "Off Topic"

FACT!

Oh this is gonna be good. :-* :o

I might even make a t-shirt out of it for next Jacket Fest so make sure it's nice and clear. ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

primushead

10-7 OSU aMD.

It's close... 8-)