This Is A Mans World

Started by rccola71, Apr 08, 2008, 10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

But not without Pat Summitt and her girls...History folks...8 Freaking Titles....Period.... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Penny Lane

my co-worker was just saying they should make her coach of the men's team
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

TheBigChicken

hell P,with that incredible win/loss record,she could coach any team in the world. I'm not from Tennessee and in fact.....I hate them...but history in the making is just what were seeing.....did you finally check out those videos yesterday?
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

ManNamedTruth

QuoteBut not without Pat Summitt and her girls...History folks...8 Freaking Titles....Period.... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

local sports guy was arguing that it wasn't as great of an achievement because of the competition in women's basketball. lopsided victories by the few teams that are powerhouses.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

aMD

QuoteBut not without Pat Summitt and her girls...History folks...8 Freaking Titles....Period.... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

local sports guy was arguing that it wasn't as great of an achievement because of the competition in women's basketball. lopsided victories by the few teams that are powerhouses.

very true.  there's not as much parity.  plus it's not as fun to watch because they are not as good as the men. Oops, did I say that?  I mean, their talent manifests itself in ways that are more boring and less athletic.  i think that's better.

Kimbos_Evil_Bread

very true.  there's not as much parity.  plus it's not as fun to watch because they are not as good as the men. Oops, did I say that?  I mean, their talent manifests itself in ways that are more boring and less athletic.  i think that's better.

my opinon?  More Dunking=More Viewership.

they got to make it more of a show to grab the men's b-ball audience.  
[url="http://eastuntiltomorrow.blogspot.com/"]http://eastuntiltomorrow.blogspot.com/[/url]

[url="http://www.myspace.com/alanrobert"]http://www.myspace.com/alanrobert[/url]

Hawkeye

my opinon?  More Dunking=More Viewership.

they got to make it more of a show to grab the men's b-ball audience.  

I find women's basketball nearly unwatchable.  The only way I'll watch it is if I know someone who's playing and/or coaching.  This sounds horrible, but I actually laugh out loud when they show the women's basketball highlights on ESPN.  I'll watch pretty much any other women's sport, but not basketball.  I think most good high school teams could beat WNBA teams
We could.

Taterbug

Make them play in stilleto heels and topless and it wouldn't  increase viewership,
It's sad.  I bet a truck driver makes more than some of these WNBA players.
I'm not knocking womens sports, I have an 11 year old daughter and am very supportive of any sport she wants to play and encourage it.  It's fun and teaches her team work  and comradery.  I wish my daughter could play for Pat Summit some day.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe