To You, My ______________

Started by vespachick, Apr 17, 2008, 01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vespachick

To my Mom,

I'm not sure if it's a child's lot to think that their experience of life sets them apart, that is, singular, special, and more enlightend than others'.  But surely that is how I feel about my own. It is likely, probably, thankfully, that I will never know what it is like to have a child.  I cannot imagine the strength of person necessary to be a " mom".  You have shown me everything I know; both as reference and what I believe.  And I'm sure that you know that; which is why I can't believe that a person charged with such a heavy load doesn't simply buckle under the weight.  But you haven't.  I know that your knees have wavered a few times and probably you despise that.

I'm sure it alarms you to receive a letter from me, but don't worry, it's not because I have some big problem to lay on you.  It's because I'm afraid I'll never have the chance or the "convenient time" to raise the subject.  And what I'm afraid of is not telling you is how great you've made me.  And how I don't think that I can do anything remarkable enough to show you that you did such a great job.  And I Love You.
~A
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

.Walt

QuoteAnd what I'm afraid of is not telling you is how great you've made me.  And how I don't think that I can do anything remarkable enough to show you that you did such a great job.  And I Love You.

that's beautiful, that's true.  
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

sweatboard

I LOVE that!!!  :-*

I'm older than my mom was when she had me and I still can't imagine what I would do.

Mom's are awesome, I loves mine......Her love goes to 11.  :)
There's Still Time.........

dragonboy

That was beautiful Vespachick!

Haven't seen my Mum (& Dad) in nearly a year but they'll be here in a week! This will be their 3rd (& most probably last) time in Japan so we're taking them to see Mt Fuji.
This has been my Mum's dream ever since I first came out here 10 or so years ago  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BH

That's wonderful.  I wish I could put such beautiful words and thoughts together for my mom.  You captured just how I feel.  I bet she's very proud.

edit:  I teared up just a bit at the end. :'( :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Dee.

QuoteHaven't seen my Mum (& Dad) in nearly a year but they'll be here in a week! This will be their 3rd (& most probably last) time in Japan so we're taking them to see Mt Fuji.
This has been my Mum's dream ever since I first came out here 10 or so years ago  :)
Oh, that is awesome. You're going to have loads of fun.

Go moms! Moms for president.