Fantasy Baseball??

Started by mother_earth, Mar 05, 2008, 08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

hey guys i set up a league for us. I thought we better get serious about this--before all the draft times fill up.  

draft time can change. but it can get too late to change it...so the sooner the better.  
stats can change too. it's a 7x7 league. (i like the stats the way they are)  
its on yahoo, and the draft is on Sun Mar 23 3:00pm CDT  

EDIT: my brother is in
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

aMD

I'm in. This is gonna be fun.  You all gotta let me get b-webb or i'm out!

The draft time is cool with me.

aMD

okay... so:

who's cool with going in for 10 bucks?

daily updates? head to head.  anything else I need to know?

.Walt

yup daily updates. stat tracker is sooo worth it for baseball. my brother would be down with the tickets thing. there is a cap on weekly pick ups. because...

last year in my money league, people dumped all their players (even good ones) in the playoffs, just to win pitching stats. i didn't like that i had to do that, but i did. the way i see, the team that gets you into the playoffs, should be the one that takes you to the championship.

i drafted a league today. just to let you know, the first pitcher drafted was johan in the first round. the next was peavy in the third.

aMD

good deal. I noticed that bwebb going in about the third round in most leagues.  Thanks for setting up the league.  I'm cool with whatever rules you lay down since you've done this a time or two, I'm just trying to get a feel for it before draft day.

Foxtrot76

I'm down with the 10 bucks.

Is the fact that the draft is on Easter sunday going to be a problem for anyone?

bearass

.Walt

due to lack of interest, i'm going to try to fill the league with friends and co-workers. everyone said $10 is cool. is easter going to be cool with everyone? now is the time to change the time.

aMD

Quotedue to lack of interest, i'm going to try to fill the league with friends and co-workers. everyone said $10 is cool. is easter going to be cool with everyone? now is the time to change the time.

sounds good.

.Walt

if any of you guys have friends that would be interested, tell them to sign up as well. let's get this filled!

Clarkwork

where do I sign up at?  I want to play!
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

aMD

Quotewhere do I sign up at?  I want to play!

Sweet!

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

go to Join a League under Baseball 08 and enter the info from the first post in this thread.

Clarkwork

If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

aMD

One of my friends from school is signing up.  He's a big baseball fan.  He runs the Little League that I coach for.  He's a big Dodger fan.

.Walt

QuoteOne of my friends from school is signing up.  He's a big baseball fan.  He runs the Little League that I coach for.  He's a big Dodger fan.

nice!!

i have a buddy that should be signing up tonight or tomorrow for sure. i'll be seeing my roommate tonight, and he's in. both are down for $10.  but with AMD's buddy we have 9. i can try and get one more, but if any of you fellas have a friend, feel free to have them sign up, but make sure they're down with $10.

aMD

I noticed it said if we have an uneven amounts of teams we can't draft.  Is it capped at 10 or 12?  We just need to make sure we don't end up with 9 or 11 on sunday.  

I forgot to tell Rich (my friend) about the ten bucks, but if he's not down with it I'll cover him.

.Walt

you're right we can't have 9 or 11. what we could do, is keep it at eight, and add some more roster spots. my one buddy is in for sure, but my roommate doesn't care either way. he's on call if we need him. eighty dollars can still buy a good pair of tickets!!

but i'd still like to see another jacket fan in it!

aMD

Quoteyou're right we can't have 9 or 11. what we could do, is keep it at eight, and add some more roster spots. my one buddy is in for sure, but my roommate doesn't care either way. he's on call if we need him. eighty dollars can still buy a good pair of tickets!!

well, we have 9 right now, i'm pretty sure.  so we either need 1 person or 3 people to join, i guess.

Jon T.

Quoteyou're right we can't have 9 or 11. what we could do, is keep it at eight, and add some more roster spots. my one buddy is in for sure, but my roommate doesn't care either way. he's on call if we need him. eighty dollars can still buy a good pair of tickets!!

I could possibly do it.  I have never done baseball though.  How involved is it.  I like football because you can read up on it all week but really only have to make changes once a week.  Is baseball something you have to keep up with every day- 162 times a year?

aMD

I could possibly do it.  I have never done baseball though.  How involved is it.  I like football because you can read up on it all week but really only have to make changes once a week.  Is baseball something you have to keep up with every day- 162 times a year?

Walter can correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can make pitching changes a week in advance but position players can only be picked a day in advance.  We'd love to have ya, though.